Alloy refurb? DO'S AND DONT'S?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pablo

RMS Moderator
surely the use of the word 'each' or 'per alloy' would have been beneficial then, rather than '£60 for alloys that wouldnt even sell for £60 as a set.' :relieved:^o)

surely not acting like a know it all arse would also be beneficial and instead posting something along the lines of:

"Is that per wheel or for a set of 4?"

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Lad i'd do the inside too... compared to the rest it should be a peice of piss...

Seems like you're gonna tackle it. You may as well do it right!

Super strength Nitromorse is the ticket for removing paint... but just watch your hands... i still have scars from the last thing I attempted to spray.

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
if theres any problems with my posts then please dont read them, or feel the urge to leave comments with are of not help to me. I dont mind criticism, but to be honest, i grown tired of you finger abuse lol so please, annoy someone else.

BACK ON TOPIC.

I will try and get a few pics up tonight, and you can let me know what you guys think, getting there, or needing alot more elbow grease lol

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
Lad i'd do the inside too... compared to the rest it should be a peice of piss...

Seems like you're gonna tackle it. You may as well do it right!

Super strength Nitromorse is the ticket for removing paint... but just watch your hands... i still have scars from the last thing I attempted to spray.

ah no problem

yea suspose, if im going to do it right i may as well do it all

thanks

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I never bother doing the inside... its black within 3 days anyway.

Im lazy though...

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
hmmmmmm no i dont know lol

might give them a blast and see how the back turns out, depending on how much spray i have left lol

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I just sprayed the inside of mine with a couple of coats of dark paint- no point wasting elbow grease when you cant see it.

eamon343

RMS Regular
Throw up some pics as you go. Might have a go at this over Easter. Done a couple of bumpers and small panels that have turned out well from rattle cans.

ARN

RMS Regular
Drives
1.6 Sxi Astra
I def get the pics up, always been tempted to do this to my wheels as they are all buggered....bought them second hand for dirty cheap. how are you finding it so far baxter?

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
just trying to find the cable to connect the cam and ill get some pics up of them sanded down for day 1.

Plan to sand them again tomorrow and make sure everything is away.......

I kinda like the look of them atm.

And am considering spraying them chrome?????

What do we think?

Chrome

Normal silver

or

Antracide to match the car

?

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
yea suspose....... does anyone know what the re sale value of alloys are after refurbishment?

Incase anycant remember its the standard seat alloys i have.......

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
if they are done quite well......... as i do plan for that to happen lol

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
probably worth just as much as a new set if they are professionally refurbished, and not a lot more than unrefurbed wheels if not refurbed properly, but then again, i have photo's off a car stevie wonder has bought, so there is hope for us all!

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
yea suspose....... does anyone know what the re sale value of alloys are after refurbishment?

Incase anycant remember its the standard seat alloys i have.......

If they have no kerb marks and the paint is in good nick (with centre caps in good condition), they generally go for 100-150quid max.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Good luck getting chrome out of a rattle tin!!! They all look cack!

Do Dark. :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.