Alloys for sale !!! £50 lifts

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ghost

RMS Regular
FOR SALE

class rim

5x112 not as originally thought5x115

OFFERS????

Attachments

• wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 94

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
yea there nicely done

ronals are nice, just dont think they would suit the newer polo ??

think there more for old school lol

vtrman

RMS Regular
Drives
325ci m sport
yep eg polishing in lisburn, done my vtr rims for £30 each iicrc. your new best friend will be autosol though! absolute nightmare to keep them looking good!

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
what u mean keeping them looking good?

lol

dont want to have to keep spraying them etc?

any other finish i could get instead of polishing?

chrisni1986

RMS Regular
Drives
525 M Sport
when there polished its down to the bare metal so theres no paint on them.. if you let dirt sit on the metal too long it marks them and leaves white spots all over them which then in turn dulls the shine..

vtrman

RMS Regular
Drives
325ci m sport
i would try and get them laquered once there polished! i wouldnt have another set about me , had to polish them with autosol at least 3 times a week!

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
can they be laquered? and if so, does that keep them mint?

chrisni1986

RMS Regular
Drives
525 M Sport
they can be laquered but most people dont as it dulls the shine and if they get one chip in them from a stone etc then the whole rim will begin to peel... they look class but need the effort to keep them there.. i.e frequent cleans with a good metal polish uch as autosol etc

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
My polished wheels only needed autosol'd once a fortnight. As long as you wash them regularly you wont need to maintain them that often. DO NOT get them laqured. And as said above, they will look better if they are diamond cut but will prob cost about £60+ a wheel.

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
whats diamond cut lol?

totally new to all this

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
hmmm

yea

getting coilovers asap so want these ready to go

cheers slideordie

Going to hopefully get them done on tuesday

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
too much effort for you baxterboy - just get them refurbed in a nice hyper silver colour!

2002 Tii

Banned
getting them dimond cutted will probably cost a small fortune as if i remember correctly the machine has to be set up to the individial wheel which takes a bit of trial and error to get right.

polishng would be your best bet, don't get them laquareed as not only does it dull the finish, it will get chipped and/or kerbed and will look a mess and need redone again.

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
cheers 2002tii

i assume u were on holidays or something?

havent heard from you in a while......

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.