Almera hesitation problem

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Our 1.4 16v Almera has had an ongoing hesitation problem. Under normal driving conditions the car sometimes hesitates as if it wasnt getting spark or fuel, though it seems to be getting both and I have replaced the plugs, leads and fuel filter.

Any ideas?

Andy

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
is the twin-plate racing clutch on the way out maybe!!??

sounds just like you described, either shes not getting the fuel or the spark for a split second...

BurntCarcus

RMS Regular
Drives
Scenic TomTom
Try some of that injector cleaner, had similar problem with my proton a while back.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Check your air filter and intake pipe in case there is somthing clogging it.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Gaz said:
Check your air filter and intake pipe in case there is somthing clogging it.

sounds very plausable, similar situation happened when I had an induction kit on the corsa in the wet

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
I'm pretty sure it had a new air filter at the last service, but will check it anyway. I think the dizzy will be next port of call.

Andy

MR2 super GT

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2 TTRS
cooper i have the same problem with mine !

mines a primera same engine though. something tells me the problem might have been brought on due to the fact i take it to the 7000 rpm limit frequently and have removed the air box :lol:

all the same it needs fixed before i sell it. if you find out what the problem was let me know :grinning:

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Yaris WRC said:
and have removed the air box :lol:
In that case id say its fairly certain to be wit ur AFM... Another weakness in the Nissan dept...

Have u put the air box back on to see if its fine??? Do u even have a filter over the tubing???

MR2 super GT

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2 TTRS
well then if its a weakness id say that could be my problem i aint cleaned it yet to see if it fixes it, and no i dont have a filter or anything over it, i totally hate the car so didnt want to give it the luxury of clean filtered air.

BAZRS2000

Yaris WRC said:
well then if its a weakness id say that could be my problem i aint cleaned it yet to see if it fixes it, and no i dont have a filter or anything over it, i totally hate the car so didnt want to give it the luxury of clean filtered air.

your engine might be blocked up with bees and moths.... :?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.