Marynarz

RMS Regular
Drives
Alpina B3 Bi
Welcome to the thread on my Alpina B3 Biturbo E92. Having owned various BMWs before and having E34 520i as a first car l can safely say l am BMW mad it's my dream car. They are as rare as hens teeth and it's a weekend car only 😁
IMG_20221103_134800.jpg

IMG-20221013-WA0009.jpg
IMG_20230108_113308.jpg
To those of you that don't know about this particular model it started life as 335i before making it into Buchloe for Alpina treatment. 3.0L biturbo gets strengthened Mahle pistons, Alpina specific ECU, reprogrammed ZF gearbox and the result is 360HP up from 305 and 500NM up from 400 stock. BMW nanny limiter is removed for top speed of 177MPH. Run flats are replaced with normal tyres for improved comfort.
Changes inside are far reaching. Alpina roundels are put in the seat back rests, steering wheel is retrimmed, Alpina specific blue dials are installed, along with kick plates, mats and unique build plague. My car is #98 out of 130 sold in UK, in all body shapes.
IMG_20221010_122006.jpg

IMG-20221013-WA0007.jpg
This car new was same price as M3, performance stats are wildly similar with 0-62 in 4.8s, but the driving experience is totally different. Torque is much higher, especially low down, meaning overtaking does not require red lining the engine. It's much softer than an M3, but holds its own in bends. Here it is with 3 different generations of M3s.
IMG_20221016_101003.jpg

30MPG is easily achievable on longer runs, meaning it's not as thirsty as an M3.
It's not a track car, but a supremely comfortable and fast tourer.
#98 is 2008 model with only 17k miles. It has an interesting history, being part of a private collection of 20+ cars for 12years and being SORNed for last 6.
Interesting addition by the first owner. 2 PS3s in the boot 😅
Screenshot_2023-02-18-17-41-56-97_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

When l went to Aberdeen to meet the seller l was amazed at how clean the car looked. It even smelled like a new car inside. Car returned no fault codes, so the payment was made and the drive to Cairnryan started for the boat.
Tracking was not great and as l found out the xenons were pointing so low l could barely see the road 😅
All the issues are now fixed, along with a broken spring. I wonder how the MOT has been issued in Scotland, but that's a different story altogether...
Car is such a pleasure to drive and can genuinely do everything, from relaxed cruise with 4 onboard to a back road blast.
Everyone that has reached this point deserves a medal l think , so here comes 🥇🥇
Hoping to go to a few cars and coffee meets along with bigger shows this year, so will see you around.
Martin

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
That’s fantastic real real tidy car and rare as hell.

I’ve owned a few M3’s and an Alpina is an itch I want to scratch someday.

Marynarz

RMS Regular
OP
Marynarz
Drives
Alpina B3 Bi
That’s fantastic real real tidy car and rare as hell.

I’ve owned a few M3’s and an Alpina is an itch I want to scratch someday.
Feels very special to sit in and to drive! Also enthusiasts are very excited when they see it 😁 If you ever see me at a meet come for a chat for sure 🤙

Marynarz

RMS Regular
OP
Marynarz
Drives
Alpina B3 Bi
Decided to do a wash, as luck would have it it started raining as l was working in the wheels 🤣 Still, looks a lot cleaner, needs a good waxing, but at least it's not a disgrace anymore 😁
IMG_20230305_141758~2.jpg
IMG_20230305_141635~2.jpg

Went for a blast before the wash as well, always puts a smile on my face. 270 miles range went down to 225 after about 15 miles, but who cares 😅 Small details like the badges in the seats and on the rear mats make is so special in my opinion
IMG_20230305_141824.jpg

Happy Sunday, l hope the rain did not spoil your weekly wash 🤣

Marynarz

RMS Regular
OP
Marynarz
Drives
Alpina B3 Bi
Love those details - a set of spacers would be great on this I think
Need to ask Alpina crowd if that's allowed first 🤣 They are strict 😅, you have no idea how heated it gets when someone posts a photo of a car with Alpina badges on the outside, as they are all fake. Alpinas never came with them, always BMW badges.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
So if you changed the grills to black you would be eliminated from all owners groups?

Marynarz

RMS Regular
OP
Marynarz
Drives
Alpina B3 Bi
But you know what, l don't feel the urge to be changing anything. That's why it's different than owning an M3, always thinking what to put on to make it look different, handle better, etc... You know it's a rare thing as it is, so does not need to stand out from other ones. It's likely going to be the only one at the meets. It is the only one in NI as far as l know. Suppose it's a way of saving a small fortune on upgrades as well 🤣🤣

Mickylad

RMS Regular
Drives
M2Comp/i3
Need to ask Alpina crowd if that's allowed first 🤣 They are strict 😅, you have no idea how heated it gets when someone posts a photo of a car with Alpina badges on the outside, as they are all fake. Alpinas never came with them, always BMW badges.

As good as the cars are and I loved my D3 Ownership, I can full understand this comment and I'm sure it's coming from the Alpina Register.

There seems to be one guy on there who makes it his job to know everything about every Alpina in UK!

Marynarz

RMS Regular
OP
Marynarz
Drives
Alpina B3 Bi
I am not on the register much, mostly FB group. Some of the guys are very knowledgeable. It's not that guy that goes mad about the badges, however 😅

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Will be slated for this but if I ever had an Alpina the first thing id be doing is replacing the BMW badges with Alpina ones

Marynarz

RMS Regular
OP
Marynarz
Drives
Alpina B3 Bi
It's personal preference. Just those would be Ebay jobs, as Alpina do not physically sell them. I want to keep the car 100% original, but that's just me. Would not care in the slightest if someone has different ideas on what to do with their own car 🤙