Alpine HU 12/15rb

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
my 15rb alpine HU went up in smoke 2day :eek: not on fire tho just had fumes coming out of it and was stinkin! so quickly BBSBOY pulled it out incase a fire did start!

this was round 6ish and i had the HU on most of the day from 1.30 - 3 then 4 - 5.30 ish

i always did notice my HU gettin warm at the bottom of the facia but just thought that was normal

ive had to HU on for longer than that b4 but why the smoke now???

anyone esle have this problem???

going in to c jerry at car and homes 2moro to c wot can be done! its still under warrenty!

ibitza

RMS Regular
Drives
seat ibiza
were any of the wires melted ?? r shorted out ?, thats strang as most aplines come with a cooling fan , and any way have u not amped all ur stuff so u shouldnt even be using the amps in the headunit ?

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
wires behind were 100%

everything is amped and the internal amp should not have been used at all - i have unplugged all standard speakers in the car

just have to wait to 2moro to find out for sure

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
nope, its last years. though for some reason alpine still sell my 9812- at £369 too

boydie, mine gets warm too, but just "HU warm", i wouldnt have thought it was warmer than it should be

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
they are still for sale at normal prices but the new alpine range is mighty sweet!!

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
good good as long as its not mine!

so watch it everyone!!!

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
took it into jerry this morn and the HU is going to be away fro 8-9days!!! bastid!!! and i get my new subs on friday!!!

so.... has anyone got a spare HU they would like to lend to me for a week or so?? thanks!

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
was told thats normal for alpine units thats why there's a fan at the back but it shouldn't smoke lol

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
boydie my dad has an old pioneer cassette HU if thats any good to you? :roll:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
shove it up your ass then. you offer help and get no thanks... some people

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
:p

still waitin on the HU was only sent away on the 4th so raging that i have no music at all in the car apart from my thoughts and road noise which sometimes makes me paranoid that somethings wrong with the car lol

subs not here either but cant get them till next monday! :X

ah well no probs - have to wait for the HU b4 anythin happens!

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
happy days HU is back - just b4 i have to go on a long journey!

goin to pick it up from big jerry and find out was went wrong with it :laughing:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.