alpine queery

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
currently i have a cda9812 HU, mrp220 amp powering a sws1241 type s sub, and a mrpt130 powering spr176 type r components. the whole thing is more than enough for me, and although its only the basic 2 channel amp powering the sub, the bass is still exceptional. but, now im getting crazy amounts of money as an engineer, ive taken a notion to get rid of 1 of the amps and the type s sub, and get the type r version + a mono amp. now, its either going to be the mrp 350 or v12 mrd m300. firstly, would either of these be enough to power the type r? and secondly, i think the mrd m300 would just confuse me too much, whats all this "digital" caper about??

cheers

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
kerzo said:
just have to rub it in about your excessive wages :lol:

pmsl! well theres nothing else i want to do to the 306, and apart from saving for the bora, theres nothing else i want! seems silly it just sitting in a bank :grinning:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
awk ****, ive just realised, if i get the type r sub, would it need a bigger enclosure than that of the type s, and does it need ported?

also, would these require a thick gauge of cabling than what is running mine currently? at the minute, the battery cable is thick enough that it gets split in two at the end to power both amps, so not just some thin twine

if so, fork that hastle

Ev206

RMS Regular
Doubt the type r would need any bigger an enclosure than your current one, and def does not need ported. If your already running 8 gauge power cable then that will suffice for either of the two amps you are thinking about getting.
I ran the MRD M300 for a while and it's not complicated at all to set up and use.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
whoop whoop :laughing:

i do however see there are many buttons on the mrd m300, how do you know what to do with these??

Ev206

RMS Regular
They also supply this thing called an instruction manual, if you read it cover to cover and concentrate really hard you will manage. Seriously it is pretty simple just 8 or 9 menus with simple on or off options on each one, even tells you the amps it's using and the temperature of it.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
lol!! :oops:

well, its looking good for the ice then. just need to sell mine

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
i presume a type r running off the forementioned amp, would be a bit "punchier" than my current type s + mrp 220?

dont no if my elderly ears could cope :?

Ev206

RMS Regular
To be honest I don't think you'll notice that much of a difference, obviously it will sound a little bit louder and clearer, it's just wether or not the improvement will justify the cost

jamesie

RMS Regular
just wondering how u got the 6.5 inch components in the 306 doors, audio advice told me the biggest speakers they could put in my phase 1 306 doors where 5 and a quater inch

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
now im thinking just keeping my sws1241, but as the mrp t220 just puts out some dismal amount of watts, like 4, which of these would be most suitable? my sub is 4ohm, and 200w

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+products_id+370

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+products_id+1127

i would have thought the first, because its more expensive, but i see form the figures it doesnt appear to be enough. i havent a clue in the slightest but :oops:

jamesie, i cut round the plastic behind the speaker, and had to snip around some of the metal on the door. a lot of hasstle, but sounding sweet now :grinning:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
u clueless ******* :p :p only jokin :laughing:

u should have mentioned and thanked all the help your mate boydie gave u!!!! :?:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
help shmelp. i think im just goin to stick with what i have. im too confused and nobody is any help :roll:

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Buy a Alpine type r and mount it arse out in the enclosure you have. It will still be loud and punchy. If it was me i'd buy a Dual voice coil type r and a mrd500-set to about 3/4 gain!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
when i said im getting crazy amounts of money, there is a limit. and im still as tight with my cash as ever. if someone had an mrd m300, id take that just!

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Its just....the type r's are 300wrms so the amp will have to run at full wack to get the most out of the subs. Always better to have a higher powered amp.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
what about keeping my type s, and running it off the mrd m300? surely that would be far better than the current set up even

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
get the mrdm300 and run ur type s off it

but u will have to get the gain on the amp turned down or u will blow ur sub

u would get this done at any audio place to set the amp up for u properly

PS - i did help!! :p

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
so the mrd m300 would give even more bass? :twisted: could it power a type r, svc/dvc if i were to get 1 eventually?

yes, you've been extremely helpful boydie

pm sent too :grinning:

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Yes a mrdm300 will power a type r but you wouldnt get the most out of the sub.

What rms is your type s? I would hook it up to the m300 and give it about 2/3 gain-pump the sh1te out of it! :laughing:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.