Alpine White F10 M Sport Auto - Updates Post #67 - New Pictures Post #76

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NS Autocare

RMS Regular
Drives
Quite a bit
You can't be thinking of selling already after all that head scratching of what to do to it ;), beautiful car bud, must have a good look at it sometime.

phil_c

RMS Regular
Drives
Bmw 535d
Let me know what sort of job they do. I wouldn't mind gettin the 535 done :grinning:

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
TorqueTronix are an amazing bunch (y)

First time up there, and Davy properly knows what he's at. Real mad-scientist type lol.

The car didn't get dyno'd as it was nearly 6 o'clock on a Saturday by the time they had removed the ECU, unlocked it, had Davy custom-map the car (watched him doing it on the PC, was cool to see all the graphs and everything!) and then re-seal the ECU and refit it to the car.

Approximately 230bhp with an extra 50lb/ft torque. I'll be up a run next Saturday to get it on the dyno just for confirmation :grinning:

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
He custom mapped the car with the ecu on the bench????

Well he sat for 15 minutes after the ECU took its time being unlocked and futtered about with graphs and lines and numbers so I presume that's what was done, other than just selecting a map and uploading it? But I'm no expert on the matter lol.

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
No, custom mapping is doing data logs on the engine in question, then scaling the map to that particular vehicle.
He just "tweaked" a generic to what he probably knows are usual good settings and sent you on your merry way.
No diagnostics before, after or data logging. Hence why I don't like the hype about premium remaps.

But apart from that, I'm sure it's a good going thing now!

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
No, custom mapping is doing data logs on the engine in question, then scaling the map to that particular vehicle.
He just "tweaked" a generic to what he probably knows are usual good settings and sent you on your merry way.
No diagnostics before, after or data logging. Hence why I don't like the hype about premium remaps.

But apart from that, I'm sure it's a good going thing now!

Goes really well, good smooth power increase, exactly what the car needed!

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
:heart:

image.jpg
image.jpg

Sailorbaz

RMS Regular
Scotland/Co Tyrone/ Rio de Janiero, Brasil!
Drives
E46 CSL and F10
Tints all round? Looks well lad, plate sets it off too.

Coilovers really settling down now, front is very low. Out of interest, how much were you for the Map? Have been considering it myself after a few decent runs in the car and thinking it could do with a tab more HP/lbft. PM if you prefer.

Cheers,
Barry

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.