Alternator strip down

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
I'm currently stripping the alternator from my VR6 to powdercoat the casings. I've the plastic cover off and the regulator removed but the guide I'm following says to remove the 6 pairs of wires (circled in red) to remove the recifier. Typically the photos from the guide have been lost so I've working blind but I can't see how to remove them.

Some people say they need pulled and some say they may need de-soldered. I can't see anywhere you would de-solder and I've pulled with a small force but I don't want to break anything.

Has anyone done this before?

inCollage_20190212_195648442.jpg

Connor

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
Widen them apart with a fine screwdriver, I can't see it being soldered. I've took apart loads of alternators and never had many issues

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
@pobmk4 cheers Paul. Do you mean the crimped part to let the wires slide out? When that's done do the bits I widen pull out with the rectifier leaving the wires in place or do they pull out individually?

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
How far have you the casing stripped down? Send me pics on messenger if it's handier. But yeah widen them out and you should be fit to pull the lot out of the casing

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
Only the plastic cover, regulator and middle screws from the recifier on the side show and the pulley from the other side. I'll drop you a message on FB sure. Cheers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.