Andy Cooper Interviewed on the History of RMS on the Reload Podcast

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Just listening to the whole thing and subscribed to the podcast its great.

Was great listening to Andy’s experiences and how RMS got it’s start and he is a fantastic story teller.

tizer

RMS Member
Drives
st-2 180
I was on posting "for sales" and noticed the link to the Podcast.

Really enjoyed it and it brought back memories. I remember the Corsa well as it was a mates car.. Still have the max power mag it was featured in (somewhere). Also remember the Corolla of course.

Great to see the site is still going strong after all these years (y)

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
So faulty memory came into play. I only had the A6 for a few years then bought an accord estate and towed with it on and off for 5.

it was a truly great car.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
After hearing the Carlton story decided to go hoking through the classifieds.

Didn’t realise they were as thin on the ground as what they are could only fine one for sale online :eek:

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
After hearing the Carlton story decided to go hoking through the classifieds.

Didn’t realise they were as thin on the ground as what they are could only fine one for sale online :eek:
I found an Auto Trader from 2007 and brought it to our recording session with Andy. You should see the abundance of stuff and how cheap it was. Wide body 964 Porsche for £16k

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Managed to listen my way through episode 4-8 today 😂😂😂 to be completely honest, it engaged me a lot more listening to you guys than it usually does when I listen to music.

7-8 hours driving flew by, with the occasional knob holding me up distracting me momentarily

Get on it daily or I'll have listened to them all 🙈

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
@quattro Rick you're a brave soul :joy:

Seriously though it's great to hear feedback (good or bad) as this is totally new to us. I used to commute 3 hrs every day and really which I had listened to podcasts back then lol.

@Rocko he's a smooth talker. Highlights the harshness of my Craigavon twang

Martyn

RMS Regular
Listened today.... fantastic took me back 20 years!!

I joined in 2002 and dial up was the business! I also remember the days before that as well before signing up... my goodness how the world has changed.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Enjoyed that. Especially the bit on the ring. Have always said I'd absolutely love a trip there. Haven't made it materialise yet.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
@veedubnoodle Cheers Aaron. Was that you driving behind me Sunday night btw?

@Martyn it's funny how we complain about 4g dropping out and 20years ago we were on dial up complaining when a download would cut out when the phone rang 😂

@lightning the ring bit really got me thinking. I don't have any track focused cars but hearing how close it is and having a friend in German I'll likely do it at some stage.

Thanks everyone for checking it out. EP015 is out tonight at midnight

Connor

Martyn

RMS Regular
@veedubnoodle Cheers Aaron. Was that you driving behind me Sunday night btw?

@Martyn it's funny how we complain about 4g dropping out and 20years ago we were on dial up complaining when a download would cut out when the phone rang 😂

@lightning the ring bit really got me thinking. I don't have any track focused cars but hearing how close it is and having a friend in German I'll likely do it at some stage.

Thanks everyone for checking it out. EP015 is out tonight at midnight

Connor

Funny I do remember your car,?must have been 2004/2005 @ castlewellan and how groundbreaking it seemed then!