Another ebay parts problem

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gttc16

RMS Member
Bought some sideskirts off ebay during the week for 51 stg, ship them yourself. No problem with sorting that..
Now the guy has emailed me saying that he thought he'd get more for the sideskirts and is "relisting them again with a reserve price and Sorry.."
Boll*cks.!!
As far as I'm aware if you win the auction you win the auction, if he didn't have a reserve price in the first place...tough.! Emailed a complaint to ebay to be sure of their view on it.
Happen to anyone else before, or worse, did anyone do this to anyone.
Where do I stand short of going to the UK and .........well I'll stop there.

coffey

RMS Regular
Drives
honda civic
have u paid for them??

if so then deal is done

he is obliged to give u the sideskirts as anything on ebay is a binding agreement and is such liable to prosecution if broken

POD

RMS Regular
all ebay sales are legaly binding. the skirts are urs if u won the auction. he cant sell them again

gttc16

RMS Member
OP
gttc16
didn't pay yet. just sent an email to say what day will I get them collected
and he sent back the "I'm relisting them" mail.
Surely he'll get banned/barred at least anyway.
pure balls.

pablo

RMS Moderator
happens quite often Im afraid. adding a reserve pushes the price of the listing up so its cheaper to just pull it if it doesnt meet the price you want.

gttc16

RMS Member
OP
gttc16
Even though the auction has finished..?? I was only waiting on confirmation of shipping details before I payed.
I was also of the opinion that it was a legally binding contract and that he can't back out once the auction ends..?
Mega negative feedback and warnings to others I suppose.!

pablo

RMS Moderator
aye I didnt say it was allowed just that it happens a lot.

negative feedback all the way but he will probs give you negative too :worried:

KamiKaze

if you won the auction then he is bound to give them to u unless you both work it out that he can relist them. send him email about the amtter telling him it was legally binding in a polite mannor and how you'll be handling the situation since he changed his mind.

coffey

RMS Regular
Drives
honda civic
just go straight to ebay and police. ur bound to hav his address if u were for picking them up.

gttc16

RMS Member
OP
gttc16
Unfortunately don't have his address as I emailed to get it and collection time.
Emailed ebay but only got the generic response as of yet....we'll look into it and get back to you in 24hrs.
Would the police even give a damn, don't think they'd even care to be honest, especially for someone that's irish.?
hot_cars_1 is his log in name and he has other stuff for twincams for sale, and a scooby.......buyers beware.
he also has two bumpers for sale at the moment and they are only getting 20 quid at the moment.....another unhappy person I'd imagine.
Let's hope for the best.

pablo

RMS Moderator
ffs the police are hardly going to get involved - forget about it and chalk it to experience!

p 5ary

RMS Regular
pablo said:
ffs the police are hardly going to get involved - forget about it and chalk it to experience!
i agree ,
as long as you get your money back your no worse off

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
send an email to ebay, even if you won them and still have not paid yet, you can get him thrown off ebeay for a start to save the rest of us dealing with him, and also you can get a certain amount of compensation as it is a legally binding contract, i once got compo for a similar sale, got 10 free listings

gttc16

RMS Member
OP
gttc16
He mailed again and said he was new to ebay and had been offered more than twice what I won them for before elsewhere (should have sold them so.!).
I just gave him a few details of the rules of ebay and all the legal stuff too to try and get him in gear.
Don't know what to do. At least I didn't pay yet.
I have reported the incident to ebay and if I can't sort it I be trying to get him banned or something.
Another guy out to make a quick buck.!

Alun VR6

Drives
MK3 Golf VR6
best buying only from people with lots of good ratings, althou I have never had any problems...yet. I once sold a laptop with a faulty keyboard..um it was working fine for me ;)

gttc16

RMS Member
OP
gttc16
Well, got my reply from ebay. Not much help for me really. Thank God I didn't send on any money. Bad feedback is all I can do I suppose.
REPLY :

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us with this information.

I have reviewed the information that you have provided and wanted to let
you know that the member has been warned against any future occurrence
of this type of activity.

I would like to thank you for your help in keeping eBay a fun and safe
place to trade.

I wish you the best with your future transactions.

Regards,

Mike Ryan
eBay Trust and Safety"

gttc16

RMS Member
OP
gttc16
Yeah,
the middle of the night ambush, hostage taking and recovery of auction items is OFF..!!
Will just have to watch for any new auctions.! One good turn deserves another and all that.!!

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
What a ballocks, I had some spastic buy the wrong auciton off me and then expected a refund when he realised hed bidded on and paid for the wrong thing.

I emailed him his rights direct from the Ebay terms and conditions (which said I was in the right and he was basically a 'tard) but the hoor wouldnt take no for an answer and eventually left negative feedback.

Ebay is great...until you get a ****er on the other end :? Ebay themselves don't seem to give a ****, as long as they keep raking in the the ££ for listings....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.