Another RMS E92 M3

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
The ad pics really aren’t doing that justice… you should use those empire pics from June to show it off better!
Cracking car, rare to get one with cash thrown at it like that…
You're probably right, the pics were a bit crap. I've updated the ads now. Yeah there's been serious money spent on this car, I know the miles are "high" but it really really doesn't feel like it.

Strong money, GLWS
You think so? Looking at others for sale at others in NI I thought it was quite well priced. There's one here at £21k - UsedCarsNI.com - 2008 BMW M3 M3 2dr

Which is prefacelift, has the older, much less superior CCC infotainment unit, and no mention whatsoever of the work done on it, or service history. It's also manual, and having driven both I wouldn't entertain a manual. Granted it has 50k miles but I would put a lot of money on mine driving better.

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
what is going to replace it ? its hard to find a car to replace an E9x M3 without spending a lot !!

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
what is going to replace it ? its hard to find a car to replace an E9x M3 without spending a lot !!
If it goes, something very large, very cheap and very diesel for a while. When prices on nice things correct a bit I'll get into something nice again.

If it doesn't, I'm happy to keep it.

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
If it goes, something very large, very cheap and very diesel for a while. When prices on nice things correct a bit I'll get into something nice again.

If it doesn't, I'm happy to keep it.

i said same when i sold my E90 !! i did manage to not buy something for nearly 3 months mind you.. so not bad !!

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
After having the car up for sale for a few months, I only got calls from dreamers, people wanting me to offer them finance, take their mk7.5 GTi as a trade in plus cash their way - and a lovely gentleman from the south who spoke for about 45mins before realising he'll need to VRT it, I've decided to keep it.

Just before Christmas it started intermittently starting which wasn't nice, I had put it down to the cold. Then on Christmas Eve it stopped starting completely. I had an initial suspicion it was the starter motor, but I tried reconditioning the battery, disconnecting the IBS, replacing the relay etc, and none of that fixed the issue. So it had to go to a man, because I'm not up for trying to replace a starter on one of these in January on my driveway. As every mechanic in the country seemed to be booked up (and a horrible experience with Victoria Motors in Lurgan), I asked for help on here and @Johnny_E kindly put me in touch with a guy he knows, who couldn't have been more accommodating. Took the car in the following week, stripped it all down, tested the starter which was indeed shot, ordered me a new one, fitted it, and built it all back up again, all within the space of less than a week. I got the car back again on Wednesday and I couldn't be happier with the work done, and being without the car for nearly a month made me realise how good a car it is, so it's staying. It got a wash today as a wee treat.

1642782816953.png

1642782845651.png

1642782858096.png

1642782868086.png

Just going to keep maintaining it as much as it needs and enjoy driving it. It's difficult enough to daily something like this, but basically all miles I do now are for pleasure so I'm happy enough.

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
in my experience.... its VERY hard to find something for similar $ to replace these..... absolutely awesome cars.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
in my experience.... its VERY hard to find something for similar $ to replace these..... absolutely awesome cars.
Yeah that's another big part of the reason I want to hold onto it. I had said I'd move into a 997 911 after this, but prices of those are now astronomical.

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
great minds !!! i moved to a 997.2 from mine.

if you moved yours on - there are plenty of various 911s about that wouldn't be massive money to change.. its hard to knw if a 'price correction' happens or not as everything seems way overpriced at the moment... and has been for a while !!

enjoy that car meantime - i really really loved mine.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
I know your pain, when I was selling mine the amount of idiots ringing looking finance or trades then the odd one who organised to view the car then didn’t bother showing up.

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Glad you got it sorted!

I go through notions of selling mine too, then i take it for a drive and wonder what i was thinking!

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
So after having the car sold pretty much then it all fell through for some reason, I decided to tax and insure it again and drive it at the weekends, now I've got the Octavia for daily duties. So the natural thing to do was to treat it to new wheels with 4 new Michelin PS4s.

Also had an abs sensor go again a couple of weeks ago so took today while changing the wheels to change it too. All warning lights now gone again. Car is driving 100% and I absolutely love it. Will still listen to offers on it if anyone wants to buy it but I'm happy to drive away at it and have a bit more craic in it now!

PXL_20220612_170007152.jpg

PXL_20220612_165229479.jpg

Paul.

RMS Regular
Only after reading through this thread, and wow - you don't see many cars with the same amount of invoices. Owners must've thought the world of the car. I don't know if you ever got sorted with the build sheet mentioned in the first post as it's in German but you could try feeding it through a VIN decoder (I've always used mdecoder.com) to see what options were ticked.

I've never seen an original build sheet for one before so don't know if the information on it would differ. My German's rusty and wasn't perfect to begin with but I'll also offer to put an eye to it if needed.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
Going to stick another advert up for this this week. Just not getting the use out of it any more and it's time to move it on to someone who would!

If anyone is looking for an E92 M3 (high miles, granted at 101k, but has been painstakingly looked after and drives like a car with half that) feel free to send them my way! It'll be difficult to see it go because I've honestly never had as much fun in a car but it's just time to move it along!

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
They still look class!

What's next if anything?
Gas and electricity for now, mostly.

I'm considering selling the VRS too and buying something extremely boring and sensible for a while. I like the look of the diesel Passat in the classifieds here to be honest.

Lost a bit of interest in cars etc so I'll get back into something fun when the interest comes back. Or I somehow come into loads of money and I'll buy an RS6.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS

This one. By the time I get the M3 away and the VRS MOT'd and sold it'll likely be gone. The VRS needs a lot more than I initially thought for MOT

thebigsham

RMS Member
Drives
ATR
That's mine. Great car served me well and would listen to an offer from a genuine buyer.

Last edited:

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
It's a bit late now, but here is the build sheet for the car with the options on it:

Standard equipment
Description
S431A
Interior mirror with automatic-dip
S459A
Seat adjustment, electric, with memory
S502A
Headlight cleaning system
S522A
Xenon Light
S534A
Automatic air conditioning
S540A
Cruise control
S775A
Headlining anthracite
S853A
Language version, English

Options
Description
S1CAA
Selection of COP-relevant vehicles
S1CBA
CO2 equipment
S1CDA
Brake Energy Regeneration
S2MDA
M Drive
S2MKA
M twin-clutch transm. with Drivelogic
S2MTA
BMW LA wheel, M double spoke 220
S2PAA
Locking wheel bolt
S223A
Electronic Damper Control (EDC)
S302A
Alarm system
S313A
Fold-in outside mirror
S322A
Comfort access
S4AEA
Armrest front, retractable
S4MXA
Int. trim strips, alum. Shadow long. gr.
S415A
Sun-blind, rear
S423A
Floor mats velours
S428A
Warning triangle and first aid kit
S441A
Smoker package
S470A
Isofix-System
S490A
Adjustment, seat-backrest width