Any Subaru guys on here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ge0rge

Banned
can anyone tell me the exact model of this

IMG_5033.JPG

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
The 7 digit "applied model" code found on the vehicle identification plate inside the engine bay is decoded in the following way.
1.Series code G=Impreza S=Forester B=Legacy etc.
2.Body type F=Wagon C=Sedan
3.Engine type 8=2.0L Turbo
4.Year code A=MY93 B=MY94 C=MY95&96 D=MY97 (facelift) E=MY98 F=MY99 G=MY00
5.Number of doors 2=2 door coupe 4=4 door saloon 5=5 door wagon/hatch
6.Model type 8=WRX 7=RA type E=Sti D=Sti Type R & RA
7.Transmission D=5 Speed Manual AWD P=4 Speed Automatic AWD

All information comes from the Subaru Impreza WRX Sports Parts Catalogue

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Does it have a rear screen wiper ? If so it's JDM , if not uk car

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Yeah that's right Sti were 280, that particular engine code above says its 250ps and not sti

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
I don't know what to do with it yet, it's an import imported in 2007 but was lifted by the council for no tax and hasn't moved in a few years, took a gamble, found a spare alarm fob in the centre consol so gonna take down a battery tomorrow to see how it goes

Gambit

RMS Regular
I don't know what to do with it yet, it's an import imported in 2007 but was lifted by the council for no tax and hasn't moved in a few years, took a gamble, found a spare alarm fob in the centre consol so gonna take down a battery tomorrow to see how it goes

If its been lying for years and you do manage get ignition on, crank it by hand first to make sure its free then disconnect the crank sensor which is tight in behind alternator left hand side. Itll stop it firing, cut the injectors and allow you to build a bit of oil pressure on starter motor only. Then try n fire it up

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.