Any1 work in Hursts on Boucher

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
Finally gave up tryin to sort out the prob wit the clio so im sendin it to hursts?

Does any1 on here work there that wants a homer to save me spendin a clean fortune? better than the money goin in2 hursts pocket imo.

Its an electrical fault of some description thats randomly not lettin the car start. It generally only happens wen its really wet or wen i wash the car.

Wen it aint gonna start the glow plug light wont come on, it a dci 65 btw, and after a few secs it wont let u wind it over on the starter. Im thinkin its prob an immobiliser fault but god knows with a Reno!!

At the minute wen it aint gonna let u start it the led on the dash that normally flashes stays lit and the glow plug light wont come on-im thinkin thats the imobiliser light. Wen it decides it is gonna start the batt is flat so need to jump it off somethin and then she'll run dead on for a random amount of time, prob til the water gets back into wotever it was in.

Any ideas much appreciated, Peter

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
Definately sounds like an immobiliser problem. Common as muck problem with Renaults.

I remember when Renault used to make reliable cars - grandpa had a Renault 6 that he ran for 22 years, never let him down once. Shame it rotted away to nothing.

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
its a 2002 dci and there's 70k on it.

Booked in to hursts in lisburn since its only round the corner from me so not too far to tow.

Wont start at all now! cant work out how water is affectin the imobiliser tho since the box for it is under the dash in my car. Unless its just coinsidence.

Pete

stuarti

RMS Regular
happened my wifes clio... it was the wiring loom... also very common apparently...

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
could i b so rude and ask how much it cost to fix?

did it come on gradually and get worse?

Pete

stuarti

RMS Regular
hers went straight away....think tried to start but nothing happened..eithe rthat or all lights on dash worked...car just didnt even try to turn over...i thought it was an immobilser thing too

car was under warranty but wiring loom parts was something like £180

stu

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
oh dear god, ive no warranty so god only knows how much its gonna cost me wit labour ontop of that

Pete

stuarti

RMS Regular
hey... it might not be it.....so dont worry....could be something simple.. i just heard this what happened to quite a few... as well as the wifes...i think it was a few housr labour

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
sounds exactly like it, from memory its 65quid an hr labour. But ive no real choice, im done fukin wit it, gonna have to let the "pro's" sort it

Ruth

RMS Regular
actually peje now that someones mentioned the wiring loom i think i know someone who had that problem with the same symptoms as u. He ended up takin it to reno i think much against his wishes!

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
Over 3 years and 70k - that's harsh. Clios are 3 year and 60k warranty aren't they?

I've 19 days of my warranty on the Disastra left - can't wait for something fatal to happen to it. :laughing:

brendy

RMS Regular
ZS said:
Over 3 years and 70k - that's harsh. Clios are 3 year and 60k warranty aren't they?

I've 19 days of my warranty on the Disastra left - can't wait for something fatal to happen to it. :laughing:
astras are well known for ecu problems arnt they fella?

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
Not especially. The 1.7DTi had issues a while back as our Duff knows. The 2.0DTi is more akin to the injection pump eating itself, which is a 2 grand replacement.

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
it does have the imobiliser ring but its under the dash cos of havin the remote start.

Hopefully they dont have to disconnect the alarm to put the nerw part of the loom in, assumin thats wots wrong with it. But then again alarms still under warranty wit ICEMAN so hopefully i can talk ollie in2 reconnectin it...fingers crossed!

Pete

gsialan

RMS Regular
ask for lee at quick fit in charles hurst tell him alan sent ya just mention 2.0i 16v corsa

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
is that in the hursts in lisburn? its booked in on tues mornin so not long now til i get hit wit the huge bill

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
clios fixed. Went on the diagnostics and...

"CHECKED FOR VEHICLE NOT STARTING. CHECKED AND CARRIED OUT CLIP COMPUTER TEST TO FIND NO COMMUNICATION WITH INJECTION COMPUTER, CHECKED AND FOUND FAULT WITHIN EARTH SUPPLIES, REPAIRED WIRING AND TESTED TO BE ALL OK, VEHICLE REQUIRES OIL TOP UP, AND BATTERY"

So thats that sorted, tho im wonderin if he meant battery topup or new battery...prob a new batt.

Well 70quid fixed her so im happy enough.

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
cheers ruth, ill b bac to blowin the doors off the yaris now ;) lmao

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.