Anybody experienced the Alpine iDA-X300 (USB Alpine Unit)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Minikid

RMS Regular
Drives
Choopay
will you be using it with a hard-drive or ipod?? because the model before it (without the bluetooth) xda-100 wont let you listen to your current track whilst scrolling through other tracks when i tried my harddrive.....very annoyying feature

ewok

RMS Regular
funny was thinking about the iDA-X001 myself if only there was a built in HD might get it anyhow they are both two good units especially with the 24bit DAC

Ashton

RMS Regular
OP
Ashton
Drives
going to be using the ipod, did i read that u can plug in a usb in the back and use it as additional storage? Looks v.tidy too...

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I installed one today, it has a USB connection too!
Saucy piece of kit.
Well recommended.

Minikid

RMS Regular
Drives
Choopay
ah it should be grand with the ipod then, enfact its very impressive, quick, easy to use, and even displays album art. (im taking about the ida-001 but im sure the 300 is much better)

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
yeah it can use the usb and you can also connect other mp3 players to it thru the usb e.g. creative zen or walkman phone.

ive used a ida-x300 with a usb drive and you could listen and look through tunes at the same time.

the x001 and x100 are different btw.

the ida-x001 was out previously, now there are three new ones the ida-x300, x200 and x100, with the 300 bottom of the range and the 100 top

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
My mate got one as a wedding present last month but hasnt been using it yet...stupid honeymoon :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Its Alpine tho so of course its goin to be good!

Ashton

RMS Regular
OP
Ashton
Drives
cheers guys! yeah lyons i will look into that also...p.s tried to reply to u other day via pm but ur inbox was full, hope ur gd mate!

nomis

RMS Regular
Drives
little blue mazd
looks good might actualy go and pick myself up 1

dubsport

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf
Mate put one of these in his Clio a few months ago there Aston, great piece of kit, definately recommended for features and ease of use

Althou he bought his from AudioAdvice an was a fiar bit more expense than that so darent show him that, lol

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
that would be me! haha its cheaper cause its got a matrix screen and the x001 is full colour screen. good job though, really does make things easier since you just plug a few thousand songs in rather a few hundred CDs!

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
audio advice were meant to be getting me an ida-x200 but i waited weeks on it and every time i called in they said they would see wat was up with the alpine supplier then ring me but they never did so i just bought a stereo online instead.

And... im glad i did cos it was much less money than what they wanted.

AudioAdvice

Drives
everything fast
audio advice were meant to be getting me an ida-x200 but i waited weeks on it and every time i called in they said they would see wat was up with the alpine supplier then ring me but they never did so i just bought a stereo online instead.

And... im glad i did cos it was much less money than what they wanted.

I am sorry for your delay but in our defence ALPINE HAVE NO STOCK AT PRESENT AND YOU WHERE TOLD THIS AT THE TIME AND THAT WE WOULD CALL YOU AS SOON AS WE RECIEVED STOCK. Again appologies for that it was out of our control and am sorry to here you have had to purchase online , and online prices are a little cheaper than ours but they provide only a unit no service if it goes wrong, and the price that is advertised on the link is only £10 less than our in store price:relieved:
And 200 are still out of stock.

eyeball

RMS Member
Drives
ITR DC2 Type R
they still havnt fixed the issue with the ipod touch and classic, every so often it would freeze and display "pause" and do absolutely nothing! if you dont have a "touch" or "classic" then dont worry about it! a cracking h/u otherwise!

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
i`ve had an x001 myself running the bt300 handsfree since its release last year, and i`ll no doubt be changing to the new high end unit once more direct alpine stock becomes available.

absolutely outstanding units with full iphone support for both ipod and handsfree playback inc full phone book transfer.

after hving screens for 4-5 years and still having a kenwood 7200 double din in the integra, the alpine in the subaru and now a 6541 kenwood with bluetooth in the run about. i can safely say that the x001 is still probably my favourite unit out of them all.

it is fractionally slower than the kenwood units, and i`ve yet to see the 300 that has replaced it, but it shuld be absolutely stonking.

so anyone looking a well priced x001 with warranty, keep an eye on my FS topics coming up ;)

cat3rn

Drives
1997 Pontiac Gra
yeah it can use the usb and you can also connect other mp3 players to it thru the usb e.g. creative zen or walkman phone.

ive used a ida-x300 with a usb drive and you could listen and look through tunes at the same time.

the x001 and x100 are different btw.

the ida-x001 was out previously, now there are three new ones the ida-x300, x200 and x100, with the 300 bottom of the range and the 100 top

I have an 8GB USB drive and am having problems getting the Alpine unit to recognize it is there. It is formatted to FAT32 and using WMP MP3 format & I loaded songs onto it. I also converted the songs to AAC format. It still won't recognize the usb. How or what program did you use to get your USB to work?

pablo

RMS Moderator
had an 001 in the M3 and ordered a 305 for the mondeo. 305 seems to be the top of the range now which is a little confusing. Anyone looking at the older 001/100 you need the USB cable for it to work properly with 3G iphones.

FWIW most online retailers are pretty good at returns. I bough a HU from caraudiodirect before, phoned to tell them it was faulty and next day there was a courier at my door with a new one which he exchanged for my old one.

Gman

RMS Regular
Drives
Octavia and E39
Thinking of buying one of these. I have an ipod... no issue there, but I also have a 125GB external USB harddrive. Can they read music off that??

Gman

RMS Regular
Drives
Octavia and E39
Cool... think i'll try for a 2nd hand one before i shell out on a new one

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.