Anyone any experience with Mct Cars

dmcdermott

RMS Member
Drives
Mercedes
Unfortunately yes not so bad when you don't get a response from them when buying a car. We have Unfortunately bought a Mercedes GLA from them in July of last year and there have been a problem with it from the outset. MCT promised that they would fix it, they had it 6 times for repair and each time they stated it was fixed. They have now had the car since Jan and can't give it back because its unsafe to drive. They have had the car longer than we have, but the worst part is that they have switched off all communications with us and we have be left with an old car that they bought on ebay. Buyers beware as we have had to involve a solicitor in order to get a refund.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
How did you pay for it? Did you pay any of it with a credit card?

dmcdermott

RMS Member
OP
D
Drives
Mercedes
Paid by bank transfer unfortunately, really nice guys until things went wrong, now they have the car since Jan and cannot give it back because they cannot fix it. Stuck with a old car now and they are acting like it's lights out and nobody home.

dmcdermott

RMS Member
OP
D
Drives
Mercedes
Paid by bank transfer unfortunately, really nice guys until things went wrong, now they have the car since Jan and cannot give it back because they cannot fix it. Stuck with a old car now and they are acting like it's lights out and nobody home
What's the issue with the GLA?
Active break assist error sending the car into limp mode. MCT had it in with mercedes a number of times, last reported from MCT was that pins were to be replaced
Have you tried going back and seeing what's going on in person?
I like an hour away and the business is at a private property that is gated. You need to call to get I'm.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
If they're ignoring you on the merc, why wouldn't you just pose as a buyer for another car in stock, land up and get access / face to face contact. 🤷‍♂️

dmcdermott

RMS Member
OP
D
Drives
Mercedes
I had suggested that a local mechanic would debug and fix it but they wanted mercedes to debug it and they wanted to control where the car went as they were obviously concerned about the cost. Bad customer service. What is really annoying is the fact that they completely buried their heads in the sand and switched off.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Not to tar them all with the same brush but a lot of main dealers will use young apprentice mechanics that will follow the marque protocols to the letter and have all the tools at their disposal but they may lack the agency and experience required to fix certain issues.

I’d wager the likes of NITEC or CH Auto services would be able to sort the issue.

dmcdermott

RMS Member
OP
D
Drives
Mercedes
Thanks gcon45 the issue now us that the car ir with MCT and they are not communicating.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
It’s your car in full? And they are not giving you your car back ?
Well… that sounds suss. TBH I’d lift it and cut losses and send it to a reputable independent garage, get a good itemised repair and then try get them to contribute towards it.

But it’s your car, go get it

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
Id have them tortured every single day for a refund. Ring from different numbers / withheld etc. Go to the house as often as you can, gated or not. On companies house theres an address in Clifton street in belfast, go there too.

Theyll soon get sick of you. You have pester them every single day until you get what you want.

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
We bought a mini countryman off them three years ago and they were a pain in the butt to get hold of. I'd asked them for the service history to try and confirm the timing had been done and they kept fobbing me off with 'waiting to hear back from bmw etc' got there eventually, it needed an abs sensor replaced which took ages to get sorted too. This was my first experience with a northern ireland car dealer and it certainly reminded me why I usually buy from the mainland 🤣

Anyway, they have the office and cleaning/sales area at one house (red) and the workshop and main storage is at the house marked blue.
Screenshot_20240330_072400_Maps.jpg

Might be worth knocking on both gates see if anyone's in. It's an annoying trek though. 🤷🏻‍♂️

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I was interested in an Octavia VRS they have but after the feedback on here I don't think I'll bother!

schoolboy

RMS Regular
Is this the same sales place with 2 different names?
In one set of sales photos the vehicles face one direction i.e facing right to left.
Then they advertise under a different trading name and the vehicles all face the other direction I.e left to right ?
Same backgrounds but different company names.

KevM

RMS Regular
They had a habit of using filters on their photos which really oversaturated them. I wouldn't buy off them for that reason alone lol

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
6R
Tell me I’m imagining my theory ?
You’re thinking of MCAutoSales and not MCT.

MCAutoSales and O’Neill both use Mid Ulster council office grounds. Nothing wrong with using a nicer setting / background that’s local to both to advertise their stock instead of being lazy like some other dealers can be

schoolboy

RMS Regular
A car dealership, or two different dealerships using council office grounds for their sales adverts?
Is that normal?

Boksic

RMS Regular
Mark in MC Autosales is always 100% in my experience anyway. Not hard to deal with and a lot of stock all the time if you're not sure what you're looking. Generally a pretty high standard too