Anyone doing McCallen's Track day?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ryan L

RMS Regular
Drives
SV650 minitwin
You were on the RSV4 at Kirkistown last year I think, fair play for taking that on track. Sounded amazing too.

Should be a good day. If I don't get blitzed by nearly everyone in the inters I'll be happy. Corner speed is your only friend on an SV against the bigger bikes! Getting Avon track rubber fitted next week which should hopefully help.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
@RMS Jonny does Phillip still do suspension setups? Wouldn't mind getting mine adjusted to suit my weight and to get the best from the bike.
Only thing is I'm only home 3 days before the track day!

J55NI

RMS Regular
@RMS Jonny does Phillip still do suspension setups? Wouldn't mind getting mine adjusted to suit my weight and to get the best from the bike.
Only thing is I'm only home 3 days before the track day!

He's still does them gav but generally he does them closer to the winter when he has more free time to be honest.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
He's still does them gav but generally he does them closer to the winter when he has more free time to be honest.

Yeah I'd heard he was very busy and didn't always have time to do them :worried:

Anyone else that anyone can recommend?

genman

OP
G
You were on the RSV4 at Kirkistown last year I think, fair play for taking that on track. Sounded amazing too.

Should be a good day. If I don't get blitzed by nearly everyone in the inters I'll be happy. Corner speed is your only friend on an SV against the bigger bikes! Getting Avon track rubber fitted next week which should hopefully help.
Yeah that was me.... had good fun last year but couldn't do the bike justice.
I'm just taking my bike as is... touring tyres and all as it's what I'm used to now...i know I'll end up in the slow group but for me it's about learning new things rather than going fast.

Gixer6

RMS Regular
Drives
Gsxr600
I'll be out if I can get my bike sorted out in time.anyone know who the instructors are

Last edited:

genman

OP
G
pulled out of this....not physically up for it ...injured my shoulder so someone on the waiting list of applicants gets a late call up so i'm told.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Anyone else from here go to this then?

I had a cracker day, safe to say I've got the bug now and the Merc is getting sold for a race van lol. The bike may also get sold for a proper track day bike, not that it didn't do well for me on Sunday just would be gutted to drop it. Learnt a lot about body positioning and corner speeds also which will also give me more confidence on the roads I reckon.

Amazed at how lucky we got with the weather with what the forecast was giving!

Wee shot courtesy of Damien McNamara of the bike in action

IMG_0208.JPG

Reactions: Hel

Gixer6

RMS Regular
Drives
Gsxr600
Get yourself booked in for kirkistown on the 14th. It's always a great laugh. Gutted I missed out on Sunday. The bike wasn't ready unfortunately.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Get yourself booked in for kirkistown on the 14th. It's always a great laugh. Gutted I missed out on Sunday. The bike wasn't ready unfortunately.

I would do but away on holiday ffs, then back to work for 4 weeks. Think the next time I'll get out is the Ernie Coates day on 22nd September now.

Ryan L

RMS Regular
Drives
SV650 minitwin
Woolsey Coulter has a Kirky day on 18th August. Less riders on track and better craic compared to the Bishopscourt day in my opinion.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Woolsey Coulter has a Kirky day on 18th August. Less riders on track and better craic compared to the Bishopscourt day in my opinion.

Just noticed there's a Kirky day on 13th August an all, the day after we get back from holiday. Heard Woolsey's days are good though so maybe better doing that!

At this rate the Mini will be getting parked up and I'll just focus on the bike track days:grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.