Anyone have an Audi S4? B6

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pablo

RMS Moderator
As above, Im thinking of heading to england to get one but never driven one and a little anxious that performance might be a bit lacking.

Dont suppose anyone has one could take me a run up the road a little?

cheers.

Conor

RMS Regular
Only had a quick blast in a mates years ago, an auto. Hugely underwhelming, felt very heavy and not that quick. Very quiet too. I'm sure they're great cars but wouldn't offer any thrills like you think a V8 would.

That same mate had E36 M3s and Evos before that, he was rid of the S4 within a couple of months.

Get a drive for sure though, @Peadar I think has one.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Dead Pabs ... looked into them years ago and found nothing positive about the performance ... hateful on fuel and dont move very fast, awful combo :worried:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
@Coog Id be surprised at that ... heavy car with quattro system aswel ...

Conor

RMS Regular
Of course they're quick, but they don't 'feel' quick, if that makes sense. Very linear and very quiet, no atmosphere.

The one I was in was a slushbox auto too, which definitely didn't help.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Wouldnt have thought that for that big car ... maybe I was misinformed dude. Taking the pre cats out would help with the noise ... the hemi had two straight pipes and it sounded like a wounded animal lol

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Bit like BMWs then quite quiet but still fast but dont feel it until you get pulled over for speeding :worried:

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I test drove a green estate B6 many moons ago before I bought my Avus Silver S3, I thought it was a lovely driving car, effortless pace but certainly very refined and grown up. Subtle engine note so they do need an exhaust to make the most of the V8.

I would imagine you'd have to upgrade the suspension and exhaust straight away if you were to get on with one Pabs.

Lovely looking cars though, especially in Nogaro Blue.

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
@pablo you're more than welcome to come get a drive in mine!

I would be of opposite opinion to most of the comments above, I think they're great going things and a very smooth drive. It is by a long margin, in every way, a better car than our B8.5 3.0 bi-supercharged S4. Just a far better car to drive, sounds nicer, handles better and dare I say it, faster.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Just realised ive been confusing this thread with a B7 S4 @pablo ... Stick to what you know springs to mind lol

Ken_S4_01.jpg

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
yeah its purely an itch scratch affair! Going to run through a few motors and tick them off the list before buying something sensible :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.