Anyone installed a tablet in a car?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
was just watching mightycarmods and they put a ipad in the dash of a legacy just wondering if anyone had done it

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Audio Advice would be the guys to talk to about it - would only really be worth while if the iPad was 3G

pablo

RMS Moderator
you could hotspot off a smartphone boyders, better solution.

prob with a tablet is making it turn off when the engine is turned off, and vice versa.

forde

RMS Regular
OP
F
Drives
Vectra SRi

they seem to be sayin theirs sleeps when ya turn the car off

pablo

RMS Moderator
there is prob a way to do it. set the sleep really low and dont sleep while charging or something

my HTC phone will do that off the car charger

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
I had an android tab installed into the focus. Slid in and out and connected via AUX to control the sound system etc. to headunit behind dash. WiFi internet via hotspots and what not Tempted to do an Ipad mini in the TT and using it instead of a headunit, wired threw a Audison Bit Ten Processor or the likes to give proper sound.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
The size of the iPad Mini actually looks well in a dash.

NewImage2.png

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I've just taken delivery of an ipad mini which is destined for the dashboard of my Fiesta..... at the rate I get personal projects done, it'll probably get finished 2 years after everyone has moved on to another technology platform!!

Con

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
Mighty car mods fellas are dead on, bumped into Moog at my old work

They have a few videos of him getting his Nissan Spec R S15 through us

forde

RMS Regular
OP
F
Drives
Vectra SRi
killer pity he had to get rid of that lol

i think cos they basically have it plugged to a charger kit behind the dash it knows to sleep when key off? dnno.

can you not turn them off somewhere on the screen no? never used one xD

baron

RMS Regular
I just bought rockos old ipad 3G just for that very reason, and plug the audio out into an alpine vhub so I can get the audio out and still have radio

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Does anyone else suffer from interference when their ipod/ipad is connected to the audio In at the same time as a charger?

Mine is wild for it, tried all different cables, etc, nothing made any difference

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Does anyone else suffer from interference when their ipod/ipad is connected to the audio In at the same time as a charger?

Mine is wild for it, tried all different cables, etc, nothing made any difference
Same for me Pete mine sounds like alternator whine. Went to apple and bought new lead, charger and jack lead . No bloody difference :worried:...

baron

RMS Regular
Have you tried turning it to airplane mode, I've never had a problem, is it using the dock connector or 3.5mm jack?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.