Anyone know where i could get my sub repaired?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Vicious-monkey

RMS Regular
ok well i'm officially gutted.
i thought the reason that my amp was going into safe mode was because of a bad earth (this was the reason last time) but after re-wiring the whole system today i have discovered that my JL W6v2 has blown!
i don't know how it happened as i haven't changed the amp settings since i got it and it's never had any trouble before!
so does anyone know of a good company online who would repair it for me?

or if not, can anyone suggest another sub for me?
my amp is a pg xenon 600.1 so it would need to be a sub that could be sufficiently powered by it!

I can't live without my w6!

Vicious-monkey

RMS Regular
OP
Vicious-monkey
yeah say i wanted to buy a new sub that was around the same sort of quality as the JL and i had a budget of about £150......... it's not gonna happen is it?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
If you're budgets £150, id look on Talk Audio and wait for another 12w6v2, or a Diamond of some sort.

Vicious-monkey

RMS Regular
OP
Vicious-monkey
i'm even more gutted now! i went up to islandmagee tonight to buy two rockford fosgate's to do me until i could afford to fix or replace the JL and when i got back i hooked one of them up and turned the amp down to about half gain. it sounded fine and i tested it at high volume and it was still fine so i turned it down another bit just to be sure. then on the way home it blew for no reason!
so now i've lost two subs this week.

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
youve something badly wrong somewhere jonto

get ollie to have a look at it or something, no way your amp should blow 3 subs

unless your trying to turn the corsa into a convertable, without using tools

Vicious-monkey

RMS Regular
OP
Vicious-monkey
sounds like the amp is pounding out some pure DC...... that's a sub-killer!

i phoned AE electronics like you suggested mate. they said that i should turn the gain almost right down and the volume on the HU almost all the way down and run a small speaker (a comp or old standard door speaker) for an hour or so and if it blows then i have a problem!

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
i have a wee speaker here you can test it with.......... come on over this afternoon if you want it.

Vicious-monkey

RMS Regular
OP
Vicious-monkey
thats a very generous offer mate but i managed to get the lend of one of reido the speedo's standard door speakers from his Peugeot 30Shed...

-Pete-

RMS Regular
if you can get a scope on it to see what the amps doing it would certainly explain things.

Vicious-monkey

RMS Regular
OP
Vicious-monkey
yeah sadly i don't know anyone who has a scope. i'm just gonna hook up the other RF and Cartunes has very kindly agreed to help me set up the amp so that it won't blow it!
that way if the amp does blow the sub then i'll know the amp is fooked!
i'll probs get it checked out properly when i get the cash together for my w7

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
i`d say poor setup and distortion is probably whats melting your subs.

as it takes some serious going to do damage to a JL audio sub, and a properly setup system can kick with the best of them, but give it some distortion via some poor setup and its good night vienna

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.