anyone tell me if a 206 engine will fit a 207?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

dddrrift

RMS Regular
anyone Peugeot/Citroen folk know if a 206 1.4 16v kfu engine is the same as a 207 kfu 1.4 16v engine?

from what I can see they look the same..... but it is French and looks can be deceiving... :grinning:

Mucho Gracias

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
Yep. You may have to keep the airbox and the oil filter housing (depending on location) from the 207 engine but the rest swaps over.

dddrrift

RMS Regular
OP
dddrrift
sweet, as long as they are essentially the same, bell housing still lines up etc, thanks :grinning:

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
ET3J4 should be the engine code as far as I remember. Came in the 206, 207, 307 and 1007. It's a naff engine though, I'd look into whats involved in fitting a TU5JP4. They can be had from as little as £80 from Ecopart.

dddrrift

RMS Regular
OP
dddrrift
tu is an 8v engine I take it? want this to be a straight swap and out the door job. For some reason the inlet cam got oil starved on the engine that's in the car at the minute, was running fine with no pressure warnings on the dash.

For all the cost of an engine its easier to replace than repair

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
Nah they're both 16v's. The JP4 is the newer version of the J4 which was found in 106 GTi/Saxo VTS.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.