anywhere fix amps ?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

djlee_dj

RMS Regular
Drives
go a pioneer that keeps blowing fuses, and also a legacy which turns on but no singal/output

any help would be great - and rough prices ...... might just try and get the pioneer fixed

cheers :grinning:

Emmy

open up the legacy and check the board for any dry joints , the pioneer well try using a bigger fuse and if it still blows there someting not quite right

pablo

RMS Moderator
if the fuse blows with no music coming through its bolloxed. unless you are going flat out the fuse shouldnt go.

iceman uses some guy over on east belfast to fix stuff. dont knwo the name but worth calling iceman.

and emmy if u can see dry joints your some kid ;) unless its real bad you wont see it :worried:

daves106

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo ST220
i know the electronic center in belfast city center fixes anything i had to take my amp there cause it was from the states

i think the iceman use hi fi services

if u call down to the iceman they would be able to tel u better but

daves106

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo ST220
wot fuses are you blowing by the way cause if it the fuses in the power cable then they are prob not big enough or something they should be the same size as the fuses in the amp

pablo

RMS Moderator
depends if its blowing them while running or just when connected up. if its during running then maybe you need a bigger fuse (check specs). if its when connected then something is shorting someplace :worried:

Emmy

pablo said:
if the fuse blows with no music coming through its bolloxed. unless you are going flat out the fuse shouldnt go.

iceman uses some guy over on east belfast to fix stuff. dont knwo the name but worth calling iceman.

and emmy if u can see dry joints your some kid ;) unless its real bad you wont see it :worried:

oh i wouldnt but some ppl are good with electronics and can spot it, my boyfriends mate is into electronics and stuff, fixed a couple of amps for me hes got a tidy hand for soldering see.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
i have the same problem with my Rockford 1001bd amp. It blows fuses as soon as the radio is turned on. Don't know wots up with it as ive checked for blown components-must be one of the microprcessors. Ill have to try the electronic centre!

djlee_dj

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
this blows fuses as soon as you have the power/earth wired up - touch the fuse trying to plug it in and bang , it goes pop

couldnt be ar$ed fixin it

daves106

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo ST220
sounds like there is a short somewhere in the system check all your power cable and make sure the plastic round it hasnt worn away and is touching bodywork especially where it comes through the firewall and check all your connections or it could be a short inside the amp in which case it would need fixed

djlee_dj

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
my amp works 101%
but the one i have been given doesnt - couldnt be ar$ed gettin it looked at - il hold on to it incase i need a cheap one

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.