Wanted: Apple AirTag

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Anyone happen to have an apple AirTag they don’t use? Need 1 in the next few days and there don’t seem to be any available online.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Wee bump here.

Does anyone use these and what’s your thoughts?

I’ve taken a random notion for one to play around with just to see what they’re like in the car or attached it a set of keys. I know they’re only £30 new but not sure yet if I want to buy one outright to find it quickly ends up in the useless pruck drawer.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
I use them on keys, in my work bag and travel bag and also on the cats collar

Work really well in my experience

Bigadamski

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
I have one in the sunglasses holder in the car, wee bit of peace of mind. Whenever I drive out of the yard I get a notification that I’ve left the car behind lol

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
same - i use them on my keys, when travelling i slip one in to a bag, and i've even put one in my wee fellas pocket as hes running around outside or at friends houses on a saturday

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
One on each car, trailer and for travel baggage. I make magnetic holders so I can tuck them away. Not really a tracker but they’re pretty good to give you a bit of peace of mind.

Jason

RMS Regular
I got one for luggage when going away so you can track it through the airport, also got one in a card holder for my wallet after I lost my last one. So far so good.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
I bought 1 for the wife to track me round Tokyo marathon, but didn't work well at all
Google says it needs to be close to an iPhone or iPad to update its location?
Unless we got a bad one

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Also got 1 to track luggage, very handy.

Wife’s colleague was also able to borrow it to track her husband whom she suspected of having affair.

Multiple uses!
oh ho ho ho, you CANNOT leave that story at that point my good man .....

What was the outcome ??

Cro

RMS Regular
I’ve a handful on similar things mentioned above. Luggage, wallets and keys are definitely the big winners.

I also stick them on the kids when I have them out on Duke of Ed. I believe Mrs @Boydie also puts them on his belts so good reviews all round

Does need to ping off an Apple product nearby to give a location update though

Gavlar

RMS Regular
I’ve a handful on similar things mentioned above. Luggage, wallets and keys are definitely the big winners.

I also stick them on the kids when I have them out on Duke of Ed. I believe Mrs @Boydie also puts them on his belts so good reviews all round

Does need to ping off an Apple product nearby to give a location update though
This sounds very handy for the kids running about now they're getting further afield. Is there a decent Android alternative does anyone know? Are these like subscription based or how do they work?

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I was watching this YouTube review recently where the Galaxy version did better than the AirTag in a straight comparison test

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
At my wife's request, I take one when I go out on the lash in town now.

Been numerous times I've got so drunk I couldn't speak to tell her where I was let alone remember to phone her to collect me. Normally she finds me outside a random kebab shop 😂

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI

Been numerous times I've got so drunk I couldn't speak to tell her where I was let alone remember to phone her to collect me. Normally she finds me outside a random kebab shop 😂

You’d be hard to miss too.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo

Could just use find my iPhone…