Applying Tyre Dressing...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini
...i bought some Turtle Wax tyre dressing that is spray on.

Great results on teh tyres, stays on for a week.....but if any of the spray gets onto the wheel the brake dust is attracted to it like a magnet.

Am i applying it wrong, i just spray it on and let it dry?
Or should i apply the dressing, let it dry and then wash the wheel!??

Detail NI

RMS Regular
why not spray a small amount on to an applicator pad and apply that way.

Works a treat.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Yea I'd try spraying it on an applicator. A bit of sponge will do the trick if you dont have a specific applicator.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
I used to use Megs applicators but they didnt last long when rubbed round 8-12 tyres every week. Just started recently to use a bit of sponge cut off in a rectangular shape and I think it works better and looks like its lasting ok too.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Halfords sell a few different applicators, I had a superb little one with a plastic handle but then I used silicon gel on the wheel and it ate into it and the handle broke off :worried:

Meguiars tyre dressing still hard to beat in my book ....

Gaz

Detail NI

RMS Regular
I use the meguiars applicators for tyres, polish, trim etc but a wee bit of sponge does the same job on the tyres... cheaper to lol

I think their whole range is very good.

Can amos (poorboys agent) persuade us otherwise!!??

Ruth

RMS Regular
yip i pour tyre slick into a jar and paint it on with a brush :grinning: gels or sprays

Moddie

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2 golf
i use a sponge applicator (specially curved for tyres) and a paintbrush for in round the writing, does the trick.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.