ATTENTION FORD FEZ OWNERS-false floor

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
i mean measurements of new fez boot so i can go and buy the mdf wood for it.

needed ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

djlee_dj

RMS Regular
Drives
no tape measue ?

if your gettin it from b&q its about 8quid for 1mx3m (roughly) ... cut it into 3 sections in b&q .... then measure up and cut to fit

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
i dont have my ford fez yet...i was thinking of gettin this now whilst iv money!

-Pete-

RMS Regular
just go to somewhere like b&q or haldane fisher and buy a sheet of 15mm mdf and you can pick up a full sheet(8 feet by 4 feet) for no more than about 20 pounds tops.

Pocket_rocket

so your gonna try and make a boot build without having a car to set it into and see if anything fits? is that not kinda cart before the horse-ish?? what happens if your measurements are wrong and its all built then the car arrives only to find nothing will go in?(y)

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
yeh ...dont be stupid ...use the money and go to the pub ....

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
chunky69 said:
yeh ...dont be stupid ...use the money and go to the pub ....
LOL:laughing:

no i aint gona start cutting anything, just wana have large wack of mdf sitting here ready to be cut and cloth etc so that once i get car...i can start straight away..get me!?!

just liked to have everything in and ready to kick(y)

Krisclio ( SQD )

RMS Trader
Drives
Megane dci130
buy it by the sheet as joeshaft says, much cheaper and you will have plenty spare to make other bits.
wouldn't advise haldane fisher though as they are very expensive. b&q are good and cheap.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
hmm not sure about that kris, i always buy my sheet of haldanes, 17 pounds for an 8' by 4' of 18 mm and that includes any cutting i ask them to do, meh who knows, maybe theyre different in places?

Krisclio ( SQD )

RMS Trader
Drives
Megane dci130
well 18mm was £10.67 the last time i got one from b&q, including cutting it in 4. 12mm was about £8

although i use blane brothers in saintfield now as they do them at a good price for us.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
that IS cheap!!! hmmm might have to be B&Q then for a visit! ;) good man kris.

Pacology

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiat
12mm MDF is in and around the 12/13 pound mark, first 5 cuts free then 50p a shop after! (B N Q)

Ossy wants everything there to go when the car comes, i was going to go pick it up for him but a 8 by 4 i dont think will fit in the panda lol!

so if any one has the measurements please post them up :laughing:

Pacology

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiat
not so much guessing! if some one has the dimensions and we can add a few inches on all round just to give a rough idea! BTW thisis not my idea just for the record lol

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
lmao cheers paul, this is true words, want everything sorted when cars comes, so all things can be done and dusted.

kylus1986

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GT
ive a fez ill get u measurements for. ive also got a 10x6 foot sheet of mdf in the garage if you want it.
text me and let me know sure lad

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
wot width is the mdf? im after some 18mm to finally fix my false floor after a yr of bein broke!!!

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
sorry im a big kid, its a simpsons reference!

possibly shoulda been doh-eth

chunkerz

RMS Regular
Drives
A3
join a ford forum im sure some1 will already made 1 there and have the measurements lol just an idea

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
tried, but so many forums dont know wat one, should be gettin car tomor so all good

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.