Audi A7

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
So I had the VW CC as the family car for a couple of years, which is a long time for me, but I was constantly looking to go up a few years and was watching out for a C220 AMG or an Audi A6. Well ended up with near enough šŸ˜‚
This came up only 20 miles away and I spotted it the night the ad went live. After a weird couple of days which included the seller putting the price up AFTER accepting my deposit I eventually picked up this facelift 2015 A7 3.0TDi S Line.
It was detailed shortly before I bought it so I'll include a couple of those as my camera skills are awful.

20200816_220235.jpg

20200816_220143.jpg

FB_IMG_1595020756760.jpg

FB_IMG_1595020750077.jpg

I'm unsure what the basic S Line spec on these are but this has upgrade 20 inch alloys, LED matrix headlights, head up display, larger console screen and the colour sat nav screen within the speedo display.
I've a few plans for it and also wonder if anyone local to me has Carista and could unlock or enable a few things like turning on rear drl's and having the boot close by key. Cosmetically, the first and cheapest mod so far is painting the calipers red. Hopefully a few more will follow in the coming weeks.

Snapchat-1336391400.jpg

20200813_174830.jpg

This car has 218bhp but after a bit of research it seems every single component is the same as the 272bhp model so it's simply a detuned model. A map can restore it back to 272bhp or up to 328bhp with no modifications needed. A couple of companies have said the stronic gearbox map needs remapped which is confusing. I've been in contact with a guy who i found on the NIAOC page on Facebook. He has the exact same model and he never got his gearbox mapped and has no complaints.

Screenshot_20200720-001322_Chrome.jpg

Finally got my plate on this week, another thing off the list. Went with the gloss lettering for a change.

20200813_174843.jpg

20200813_174809.jpg

Last edited:

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Lovely looking car. My A6 is the 3.0 272 model and is a great going thing.

Boksic

RMS Regular
Very nice mate.
Red calipers instead of black or silver make it look racier anyway - no need of a remap šŸ‘šŸ»
Whoever is doing the mapping should know whether the gearbox needs tinkering too, auto tune will tell you on the phone I'm sure, I'd drive it a few weeks before mapping anyway, it'll be like getting a new car again.

HTD

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Looks great, Audi Belfast have an RS7 in the showroom at the moment, awesome looking thing with the biggest brake calipers I have even seen on a car.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Great looking big motor. I thought these were all 272bhp. If going to 328 Iā€™d imagine the box would need mapped too but whoever is doing it should know for sure.

MarkP

RMS Regular
OP
MarkP
Drives
@MarkP just wondering if you ever went ahead with the remap and whatā€™s your thoughts?

Unfortunately I haven't got around to it yet but plan to at some stage if I keep it into the spring. I've done less than 1000 miles in it so far and that has mainly been running the kids to school or just going to the shop.
I have ordered a few Maxton Design bits for it in the black Friday sale and am on the lookout for either spacers for thr 20's or even a set of 21's if I can get a set I'm happy with.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Your chances will be slim of finding a cheap set of genuine 21ā€ wheels in condition with good tyres though.

Gaz_DC5

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A7
Make use of the Revo sale and get both the ECU and TCU mapped

Contacted a Revo dealer and they have told me there is no TCU map for the 218ps 3.0 S Tronic. They have said this engine will map easily to 320bhp with a Revo map though. Makes me a bit cautious as there are mixed opinions online about if the S Tronic box is designed to take that amount of torque. Both the 272 and 312 variants of the 3.0 models have a different box (8 speed Tip Tronic rather than the 7 speed S Tronic)

Anyone any insight on the matter?

MarkP

RMS Regular
OP
MarkP
Drives
Your chances will be slim of finding a cheap set of genuine 21ā€ wheels in condition with good tyres though.

Yes I know but Rotors are very common now so im unsure what I want to do. I like silver wheels but I also think this car might suit the blacked out look.
IMG_7199.jpg

Screenshot_20201205-223018_Facebook.jpg

FB_IMG_1605457877551.jpg

Contacted a Revo dealer and they have told me there is no TCU map for the 218ps 3.0 S Tronic. They have said this engine will map easily to 320bhp with a Revo map though. Makes me a bit cautious as there are mixed opinions online about if the S Tronic box is designed to take that amount of torque. Both the 272 and 312 variants of the 3.0 models have a different box (8 speed Tip Tronic rather than the 7 speed S Tronic)

Have you bought one of these? A guy on the Fb page NIAOC got his done in Coleraine, gearbox wasnt mapped and he has no problems.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i

I am nearly 100% sure that my 2016 3.0 Quattro A6 (272) had the S-tronic box.

Gaz_DC5

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A7
I am nearly 100% sure that my 2016 3.0 Quattro A6 (272) had the S-tronic box.

I may have picked up on it wrong. In that case I would have more confidence in mapping, even 272 would be plenty instead of going all the way to 320.

Yes I know but Rotors are very common now so im unsure what I want to do. I like silver wheels but I also think this car might suit the blacked out look.View attachment 304366
View attachment 304363
View attachment 304367

Have you bought one of these? A guy on the Fb page NIAOC got his done in Coleraine, gearbox wasnt mapped and he has no problems.

Yes mate, basically the same car as yours in white. I really donā€™t like black wheels on black cars personally, think your car would look great on the OEM 21ā€ Rotors.

MarkP

RMS Regular
OP
MarkP
Drives
Felt guilty today as it hadn't been washed in over a month. Only did about 400 miles though. Tried out a bit of snowfoam.
20201212_120328.jpg

Decision time. I'm able to buy a set of genuine 21inch Rotors, sprayed gloss black. Opinions please.
Screenshot_20201205-223018_Facebook.jpg

IMG_10906-large.jpg

Would be similar to this (apart from no diamond finish) when I get my Maxton stuff fitted.

@Lyons Do you know if the 21inch rims are concave or straight? I have seen both in the past and the concave look better.

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Theyā€™re more concave than A6 20ā€ rotors, but straighter than A5 ones.

The main problem with black wheels on a black car is that you need to have the tyres constantly slicked to make it work!