627F118B-D7DD-4BB3-BE22-0A0966DE3C43.jpeg
B1707896-CF58-4A4F-BC83-2BC44ADDD841.jpeg
BC58436C-24A0-440D-A284-CCA35B098138.jpeg

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Same question!!
I’d hoped one of the wireless dongles would have worked but as you say it’s harder with the older MMI. I bought them fro AliExpress for £208 and customs was £22 ish. Links below

CarPlay Box

£171.70 41% Off | A U D I A3 CarPlay Wireless Module WIFI Bluetooth Black Box Car Radio Retrofit Activate Device Android Auto Mirror

Reverse Camera

£19.21 26% Off | High Resolution Car Trunk Rear View parking camera back up reversing CAM for A3 A4 A5 A6 S5 Q3 Q5 Q7

You need an Aux cable plugged into your AMI port to trick the box into using Aux for sound. If you don’t have AMI and have Aux then you’re good.
I bought a box of the heat shrink / solder sleeves which are handy for joining wires if you don’t fancy soldering. They’re actually dead handy. A roll of Tesa (cloth) tape is handy too.
Happy to help out with any questions/advice needed BTW 👍🏻 It’s not actually difficult, just a bit awkward and takes a while if you’re being fussy. I now know what to watch out for. I spent too much time trying to get the wire from the car into the hatch and trying to remove the boot handle.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
That's maybe something to consider for after spacers and intake.

For now, I've read through the guide on updating the firmware/maps and I'm happy enough. Ordered an SD card there so will give it a go at the weekend. Will let you all know if it goes well and my address is on the maps, or I have a bricked S4 at the end of it.

Bronk

RMS Regular
Seen this on RS3 owners fb group, if any use to people?

Leeds/South Wales VAG diagnostics 👇

✅MMI update to v1326 - £30 (stops CarPlay crashing and improves performance, allows VIM to be activated)
✅VIM (video in motion) - £30
✅VCDS work (DSG clutch adaption, see list below for more info)
✅Virtual cockpit update (improves nav speed, remembers your DAB station, oil temp at 45c vs 60c) - £30
✅Odis work (software updates, magnetic ride recalibration, component protection removal etc) - £60-£80 per job
✅MapCare activated to allow update to latest until 2050 + 2021 maps (will also supply yearly update) - £40
✅Speed camera POI’s - £20
✅ a3/4/5/6/7/8/vw golf mk7 2016+ (generally any 2016+ car) nav/CarPlay/android auto/sport monitor activation - £100 (+50 surcharge for latest maps + mapcare activation)
✅Audi TT/R8 nav/CarPlay/sport monitor activation - £150 (+£50 surcharge for mapcare and latest maps)

VCDS options:

✅DRL on/off on MMI (most VAG)
✅Alarm chirp on/off/option in MMI (most VAG)
✅starting vibration reduction deactivation (hardware dependent) - better launches
✅Torque limiter deactivation (hardware dependent) - better launches
✅US style DRL's (2017/66 reg and prior)
✅seatbelt chime on/off
✅lock car with key when engine is running
✅Oil temperature gauge on DIS
✅distance setting on MMI for ACC (cars with adaptive cruise control only)
✅rear DRL's activated (scandanavian DRL)
✅passenger side mirror dip (most VAG)
✅visual parking sensors on MMI (must have front/rear/front+rear sensors)
✅disable start/stop (most VAG)
✅needle sweep activation (hardware dependent)
✅one click folding mirrors (car dependent)
✅traffic sign assist (hardware dependent)
✅remember high beam assistant setting after ignition cycle (car dependent)
✅footwell lighting activation (once retrofit)
✅puddle lights activation (once retrofit)
✅auto lock when above 15km/h
✅disable error when installing LED numberplate lights
✅exhaust flaps set to open (golf mk7/audi s3)
✅enable ambient lighting in MMI (once installed)
✅disable rear wiper when in reverse (annoying on dry days)
✅increase DRL brightness
✅increase reverse light brightness
✅increase lane assist driver inactivity threshold
✅increased air flow from air conditioning
✅lowering vehicles with air ride (q7, a7, a8, etc)
✅disable keyless access for front doors (anti theft) – keyless cars only

Please note: for remote Odis work you will need a VAS5054a adapter (can be had off AliExpress) and a windows 7/10 laptop with a good internet connection. In order to flash units I will also need to install Odis engineering on your said laptop which will carry an additional surcharge.