Audi Q3 CFFB 2.0 TDI CR - EGR problems

pablo

RMS Moderator
Hey all, wifeys Q3 (2014 140bhp CFFB CR engine) has been throwing an EGR fault on and off for about a year now. Car always drives 100% so I clear it and a while later it comes back on.

Id quite like to get it sorted but dont fancy an ass pounding so wondering what my options are?

- DIY replace the EGR valve
- Get a mechanic to replace it
- Get a mechanic (or DIY) to thoroughly inspect the throttle body / dpf / egr and attempt to clean, then replace as necessary
- get it mapped off and get on with my life

Im tempted to ask @pobmk4 to "just sort it" but not sure I want to throw 100s at it either if that makes sense. The cooler itself is £200+ and doesnt look the handiest to replace, although location on the Q3 at least seems a lot better than the FWD stuff. It drives perfectly so as always feels like money wasted.

thoughts?

2021-07-19 08.19.15.jpg
IMG_6735.png

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
Had a low pressure egr cooler issue on my a5 a few months ago. Audi Belfast quoted £2k to repair and not covered by All In warranty as a cooling issue apparently. Was covered eventually out of goodwill after a bit of back and forth. I did look into getting it mapped out though as it is quite an expensive repair and may well have went down that route if the goodwill thing didn’t come through.