Bangernomics - Post Your Cheap Daily Finds and Hacks

Tam9n

RMS Regular
Drives
Polo 9n3 GTi
With Rishi’s pushback to 2035 for petrol and diesels announced today - how will this positively or negatively affect our bangernomics?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It will be pushed out further than that.

Unfortunately manufacturers are already committed to electrification, and I haven't seen any movement from the EU on their deadlines for phasing out new pure petrol or diesel cars yet? And the EU is 10x the market of UK. So that's what everyone will build for. I doubt anyone will maintain a small sideline in pure petrol/diesel just for us.

But who knows? I know it's like swearing in church, but while EV will work for a lot of people, it won't work for everyone. A big chunk of people simply won't afford it. Regardless of stuff like scaling up charging infra. I just don't see how this grand all EV future is possible in such a short time. It will take decades.

But hey ho, maybe I'm just old and cranky 😅

Last edited:

Boksic

RMS Regular
Please view this ad:

MG ZS - 2.0 Turbo Diesel, full year MOT ,

Price: £ 2,100

Even though times have changed, it still hurts me a little to be calling a 2 grand car a banger! 😂

Not in the market myself but thought there might be someone on here this might tickle

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Please view this ad:

Even though times have changed, it still hurts me a little to be calling a 2 grand car a banger! 😂

Not in the market myself but thought there might be someone on here this might tickle
Always kinda liked the look of those.

renman8957

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane RS250
Please view this ad:

Definitely looks Enthusiast owned, @Rover Repair will likely know

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Please view this ad:

Think these look great, seems steep though. Picked a 75 with the 2.5 v6 of a members FIL that owned it for 20 years, what a lovely thing it is too tbf.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Think these look great, seems steep though. Picked a 75 with the 2.5 v6 of a members FIL that owned it for 20 years, what a lovely thing it is too tbf.

That the one that was on there recently? Looked great that.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
That the one that was on there recently? Looked great that.
Thats it, been looked after better than some children lol makes me laugh everytime I look at it, all chrome and wood then a big wing on the boot lol murano is off the road atm waiting on parts so needed something to tie us over a while, Impressed with the build quality.

IMG_6652.jpeg

finn28

RMS Regular
Drives
350z
That A3 is gone already. When I was looking at it I noticed it had been listed last month for £500 less. Would have been a cracking car at that money.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Clearing out a couple of cheapies needing tidying and tested.
Kia Sportage petrol. 09 Needs back brakes and tested. Cat still on surprisingly 😂 £700
IMG_0209.jpeg
IMG_0210.jpeg

Vauxhall omega 02, 2.2 petrol. Manual, 107k Mature man owned and only sold as he contracted Parkinson’s and needed auto. Needs serviced & slight arch attention as in picture but seams solid otherwise £850
IMG_0147.jpeg

Up the money slightly..Kia Carens diesel 06 has full mot and genuine 55k miles, good mpv with towbar, £1500
IMG_0081.jpeg
IMG_0079.jpeg

09 scirocco 2ltr diesel. Well tested etc. 163k miles but the wife’s car going on 5 years. £3500
IMG_0231.jpeg
IMG_0232.jpeg

Have other stuff there too will sort out what’s going. Cars are near Lisburn but delivery possible at slight cost once payment received 😎

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Anything petrol and sporty for about £3k about? Brother is looking something like a Mk5 GTI, A3 tfsi etc.