Bangernomics - Post Your Cheap Daily Finds and Hacks

hitandamiss

RMS Regular
Drives
Nothing
FIL selling his 2010 Toyota Auris 1.33 petrol ~100k miles. Bodywork is rough but drives well and MOT scheduled for July 24. £1500ono

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Have this just in. 2011 Clio 1.2 Tomtom wirh Nav etc 110k, will have a full years ticket and a new clutch for 1995

Attachments

• B8E8513D-C73A-47C9-8A51-F1B9EBD7DABE.jpeg
    B8E8513D-C73A-47C9-8A51-F1B9EBD7DABE.jpeg
    445 KB · Views: 0

RevT

RMS Regular
Wee sister’s car from the past four years is now available. 2012 HDI DS3 with 160K and full MOT. Free tax, clutch done last year, timing belt and waterpump not long before and just after a full oil and filter service along with new wishbones for MOT. Bodywork isn’t great - £2000 ono.

IMG_3881.jpeg

'96dc2

RMS Regular
Might shift the vtr on once I get my Passat through mot. If anyone is looking a bit of summer craic.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
e60 320d
Looking something cheap preferably with some mot. Auto manual petrol or diesel doesn’t matter as long as it’s an older diesel prefer some sort of comfortable barge e60 e46/90 c class e class

Needs to be at least golf sized.

What have you about @southsky sunrise

£1500 maybe more for the right car
Needs to have isofix

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Looking something cheap preferably with some mot. Auto manual petrol or diesel doesn’t matter as long as it’s an older diesel prefer some sort of comfortable barge e60 e46/90 c class e class

Needs to be at least golf sized.

What have you about @southsky sunrise

£1500 maybe more for the right car
Needs to have isofix
MG, ZT-T, Estate, 2004, Manual, diesel sale/swap for left hand drive car

Love an owl mg/rover, if it was a grand.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
MG, ZT-T, Estate, 2004, Manual, diesel sale/swap for left hand drive car

Love an owl mg/rover, if it was a grand.
I had a ZT-T 190+ estate with an MG xpower exhaust fitted. Loved that car

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Posted C-Max on other thread it’s on gumtree too. Smaller stuff there and stuff out budget but c-max ideal for you mate

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Anyone want a daily abuser? No longer needed, not sure on how to price it. I’ve done 500 mile a week in it for 2/3 years, owned it for 6 years total. Now 173k mile. Just passed mot. I bought it as approved used from ballyrobert Vauxhall with 80k on it. It’s 2011 I think from memory. No rust or bad damage etc. only time it let me down was clogged fuel filter, also put a clutch and fly into it at a point along with basic maintenance. Is due an oil change and timing belt unless you want to run the risk.
1.7 cdti
@gary1365 might suit you
IMG_7793.jpeg

IMG_7796.jpeg

Last edited:

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
What happened with the Dacia in the end? @gary1365

Really need to get a replacement for the Volvo soon, it’s got two punctures I keep topping up because I’m too tight to put tyres on it as the MOT is up soon.:joy:

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
e60 320d
What happened with the Dacia in the end? @gary1365

Really need to get a replacement for the Volvo soon, it’s got two punctures I keep topping up because I’m too tight to put tyres on it as the MOT is up soon.:joy:
ATM it’s parked in the waterside in Derry hopefully it’s not there when I go back to get it 🤣

I’m going to look into what’s wrong with it and send it up the road at some point.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
ATM it’s parked in the waterside in Derry hopefully it’s not there when I go back to get it 🤣

I’m going to look into what’s wrong with it and send it up the road at some point.
Unfortunately it seems like stuff is less often worth fixing these days with the price of parts and labour.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Anyone want a daily abuser? No longer needed, not sure on how to price it. I’ve done 500 mile a week in it for 2/3 years, owned it for 6 years total. Now 173k mile. Just passed mot. I bought it as approved used from ballyrobert Vauxhall with 80k on it. It’s 2011 I think from memory. No rust or bad damage etc. only time it let me down was clogged fuel filter, also put a clutch and fly into it at a point along with basic maintenance. Is due an oil change and timing belt unless you want to run the risk.
1.7 cdti
@gary1365 might suit you
View attachment 436033

View attachment 436034

Opinions. 1500 quid a fair start point to dispose of this on the usual outlets?

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I rang up Nissan for a price on a genuine MAF sensor for a Juke, £220….i near fell off my seat!

That’s nothing. Some of them are well over £500, and it could be for a simple motor like a Hyundai Santa Fe, not necessarily anything exotic. £220 for a genuine MAF is cheap…