Bangor cruise 16th Feb

mx5 turbo

RMS Regular
Drives
it hard
I see there is someone organising a cruise in Bangor this Sunday with a follow on location yet to be confirmed. Anyone know much about this?

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
I’m ready
3A5C5D75-42F6-422C-8228-3AB94E2A58B5.jpeg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Was it 1997 when Max Power landed to Bangor prom then off to Comber for an unmerciful load of burning up ? I think it all finished at about 2am :p

Or did I just dream that ???

Would have been later than '97 maybe '99 or so.

VanhireBoys

RMS Member
Great times alright ! I think Max Power came over to feature Marcus Plowman's A16 VOO Nova ! If I close my eyes I still see that particular car along Portstewart prom ! It was a big deal to have somebody we knew feature front of that mag !

Dungiven - Draperstown - Cookstown - Limavady were our haunts - this was our social outlet and there was never any great harm !

Much as I'd love to I would look a right sight out haunting the streets now ! Imagine telling herself I was going to Bangor to show off and shred tyres !

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Marcus’s nova was for sale again there but it wasn’t the same as then it was the one all of us wanted and wished our we 13sr’s would turn out like

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I have great memories of Sunday nights in Bangor in the late 90’s, spending all day cleaning and putting layers of autoglym super resin on your car then heading down on the summer with the tunes on. Anyone remember Andy Jeffers black calibra turbo engined nova gsi among many others, there was always a bit of craic having a wee skelp up the carriageway too.

VanhireBoys

RMS Member
Andy Jeffers Nova 20LET - that was a much envy inducing car - it was stupid fast and left us all gobsmacked!

We all had mild enough stuff and to be able to see and hear the like of them cars- we all felt privileged and kept us on chat for weeks !

I really want to go to Bangor this weekend 😉