Bangor cruise 16th Feb

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Andy Jeffers Nova 20LET - that was a much envy inducing car - it was stupid fast and left us all gobsmacked!

We all had mild enough stuff and to be able to see and hear the like of them cars- we all felt privileged and kept us on chat for weeks !

I really want to go to Bangor this weekend 😉

Im going lol for old times sake.

jferg

RMS Regular
I have great memories of Sunday nights in Bangor in the late 90’s, spending all day cleaning and putting layers of autoglym super resin on your car then heading down on the summer with the tunes on. Anyone remember Andy Jeffers black calibra turbo engined nova gsi among many others, there was always a bit of craic having a wee skelp up the carriageway too.
Autoglym super resin ♥️♥️♥️

I used an Autoglym extra gloss protection too, you had to put on inside and let it cure for a few hours, loved those days

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Ah, Springhill flyover drag races back in the day. Remember going against a red NSX one night and getting whooped lol, some craic all the same.
This still happens, I don't understand how the PSNI haven't intervened and charged the lot of them, because they're downright dangerous to be perfectly honest.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
This still happens, I don't understand how the PSNI haven't intervened and charged the lot of them, because they're downright dangerous to be perfectly honest.
All you hear now is vtec's having the balls rung off them and the odd V10 R8 getting a kicking.

dddrrift

RMS Regular

will never change... everyone is young once and make stupid decisions, I def made a few and put my life and license up for grabs a few times, but you grow up, and move on, just seems to be part of the petrolhead process!

Remember using the ards carriageway as a proving ground quite often... the sound of a few integras/ek civics on full chat, flat in 5th was a lovely sensation for the ears.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
will never change... everyone is young once and make stupid decisions, I def made a few and put my life and license up for grabs a few times, but you grow up, and move on, just seems to be part of the petrolhead process!

Remember using the ards carriageway as a proving ground quite often... the sound of a few integras/ek civics on full chat, flat in 5th was a lovely sensation for the ears.
That's all well and good until something goes very wrong.

dddrrift

RMS Regular
yep, I agree, and plenty has gone wrong over the years, but then another generation comes along and does it all over again... its a bit like coronavirus lol

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Was a great night. Vid on YouTube

I think that was my last organised cruise. 10 years tomorrow!

1581605718863.png

Look at that fresh faced fat little urchin.

And @Graham

Last edited:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
weather looks absolutely ***** for Sunday, Can’t see that helping the situation.

j44nty

RMS Regular
The best night was the night we shut down portrush and riot squad moved me on mid diff in the twincam. Through the smoke I could see a wall of blue lights and plastic shields. **** a brick but held her at it until they where shouting at us to get out or we would be arrested. Don’t know how we all got out of the port that night without being banged up.