Best/favourite Car Air Freshener ??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AndyG

RMS Regular
OP
AndyG
I'm going to have to go and get another California scents one later, il give the little tin another chance!

Tried some purple berry one from tesco and it wasn't strong enough and then a Yankee candle one which was lemon and lavender and it just offends the nose!

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Black Ice for me please, and lots of it.

Stuarty1984

RMS Regular
Vanilla Magic tree when I cant get my hands on one of the Yankee Candle vanilla or vanilla cupcake jobs

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
There can be only one....

spice-fragranced-magic-tree-car-home-hanging-air-freshener_653829_500.jpg

Just remember it like my youth, when your dad had a silver diesel Citroen BX. When he cleaned it after "you mucky little feckers" and then you got in the car next time, where seat belted with your extra safety harness in and he lifeted the packet from under the seat....... as he opens the top and pulled the string out I swear he used to grin (in that serial killer way we all recognize from our angry wives when they arnt having that quite so happy period), careful not to touch it with his fingers and dangling it carefully via th colour coded rubber string like a cocked hand grenade off the rear view mirror knowing fine rightly the carnage it would cause ......... by that stage it was survival instincts kicking in........ you knew your eyes where going to be liquefied from the pure unrivaled mustard gas death as you clawed for the wind up window and the safety release on your booster seat.......... but it was too late as it was childlocked, the seat release had three red buttons and the citroen handle would have came off in your hand anyways..........

Then it hit you....... you felt your eye balls start to dry up, like sand had been thrown in your face. You nose began to push itself backwards into your skull to protet itself and you finally got the full experience when you could taste it in your throat. This was what the Jews experienced in he death camps...... but death would have been quick and the distance from your house to the old Texas store in Abbeycentre felt like an eternity.

Your crys of pain where ignored.............. prehaps out of a Stalin style tough love, prehaps it was the rattles from the Citroen build quality as we drove along, prehaps he really did love Downtown radio so much that it had to be louder than the big bang, perhaps he was still bitter he had conceived me on Christmas night 1981 and 9 months later the unplanned accident that was me surfaced from my mothers thighs as his plan to feck with my head as much as he could kicked into motion I will never know.......... but you kept crying out and eventually they where greated with the kind, considerate response of "Im not rolling down the fecking window you poofter, thats man smell and it hides your smelly farts so get used to it!"

........ and you arrived. But your eyes where a pool of mush in your lap and there was worse to come, he took you through the lights section first of all knowing fine rightly your eye sockets where just recovering from the onslaught. As he stood and looked at the latest Black and Decker strimmer you slowly recovered the ability to see shapes until horror of horror, you realized he was walking towards the till and you knew it, you felt it coming. Within minutes you would be on the return journey and like a nightmare it would start all over again.

Ah, what a father! Im away to buy some on ebay now for the Rover 75. Old man ftw. Cant wait to have kids and put them through the same!!

On a side note, I did make of touching one and putting in my contact minutes after. Not recommended lol.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
For all you old gits like me or Chris burns :p feu orange the ones with the crystal ball and the pin. The new ones are pish, but back in the 70s riding in my auld lads rs 2000 ah the memories lol....

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
yankee candle gels are my fav at the min - so many smells to choose from as well. Last at least 2 months

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Autoglym hyperfresh coconut cocktail

Lasts forever as you only need to spray for a very very short burst for a two week long stint of coconut awesomeness

Kirsty2504

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta
Apple spice febreeze :grinning: ...Since getting the dogs and always having at least one of them with me everyday the normal bubblegum magic tree doesnt work anymore to keep the car smelling nice

Ruth

RMS Regular
the other half seems to keep me supplied in triple packs of yankee car fresheners to feed my addiction :laughing: favourite so far is prob strawberry or black cherry, they last me ages too

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Autoglym hyperfresh coconut cocktail

Lasts forever as you only need to spray for a very very short burst for a two week long stint of coconut awesomeness

That's now discontinued and replaced with a washed cotton scent.

Shame. I used to spray the coconut cocktail one in the shop after a farmer had been in.

Made the place smell like a heure's handbag.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.