Best Glaze

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
is a glaze worth it?

i want to get a nice wet look from the car so id like to know which one to go for?

when i got my PC i recieved a free bottle of Sonus Glaze - will that do for the time being and help me decide if i like it?

also, at which stage would you apply the glaze?

after polish pre sealant or before polish or after sealant?

thanks

Moddie

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2 golf
afterpolish before sealant. what do u want it for? ive only used red moose machine glaze and megs #7, #7 is a wetter finish but rmmg masks alot more swirls.

That sonus stuff u get with a pc is a paintwork cleanser is it not?

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
ive no idea to be honest - i only noticed it the other week

i want the car to have a more "wet" look

masks? what do you mean?

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Doesnt remove the swirls, just hides them like tecwax and SRP!

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Your A3 is a dark navy colour isn't it? If so I'd recommend Meg's #7 Show Car Glaze, works a treat.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
yeah its a pearlescent colour but dark navy is a fine assumption :p lol where would i get such a product and at what price?

Stoney

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 Type R GT
i use mezerna finishing touch glaze boydie, i was sceptical at first but went on recommendations of a detailer type person , works very well , and masks all but the worst of the bad bits , if you wanna borrow some to try just hollar (y)

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
yeah that would be good steven - you be about the north coast on saturday?? :p

coming down here for the NCC shoot?

Stoney

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 Type R GT
lol , prob not , cars getting buffed on saturday and prob sunday too , when you next down this end

Ruth

RMS Regular
I love my glazes ( :oops: ) and Menz FTG is probably my fave glaze ever, looks sooooo good on black, as does #7 which is similar to dc2. For solid reds/yellows/blues it would have to be blackfire GEP (called a polish but is non abrasive, so therefore a glaze...). Red moose machine glaze is also a good all rounder.. Hard to choose one as they are all brilliant but it would probably have to be the menzerna. Just remember not to apply a sealant/wax (ie tech wax) with cleaners over the top, or you will wipe it off, id go for a pure wax or sealant myself...

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
lol , prob not , cars getting buffed on saturday and prob sunday too , when you next down this end

im in belfast during the week so lisburn isnt that far to travel :p hopefully at stevens next week at some point!

ruth - would nattys blue take the glaze off??

Stoney

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 Type R GT
nps fella i think u have my number , jesus your begging today , il even lend you my blackfire to cover the buggering stuff with :p

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
lol thanks steve - the car will hopefully be gleaming this weekend for sunday anyway! lets hope the weather stays put!

diesel-dave

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4/M5/VWTou
i used clearkote red moose recently

was very impressed, gave it a mirror like shine

i also have the menzerna show car glaze and the megs #7

if ur down round coleraine any weekend i could let u steel a bit and try it if u wnt

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
cheers lad

lisburnni leant me his blackfire gear so i will try it soon :laughing:

rosssei

RMS Regular
did the motor with red moose machine glaze then nattys over the top, very very impressed on the black car!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.