Best MIG for an amateur

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

forde

RMS Regular
OP
F
Drives
Vectra SRi
No I knew about that polarity thing cheers, I was on about the liner cos Bryan said he changed his

Bryan

RMS Regular
I think he was just upgrading from a plastic liner rather than needing to change it.

Yes - as above. My new liner was packaged as being suitable for 0.6-0.9mm welding wire so I'd imagine you shouldn't need to change it unless it isn't either steel or PTFE to begin with.

39cxg8

RMS Member
Drives
BMW E3
I have a cheap MIG welder Best 6 Cheap Welders for the Money - Mechanic Guides (GMC) is both gas and gasless.But I never used it with anything other than a gasless wire. It works with pleasure, a gas-free wire is not such a pleasant welding, as with gas (used gas in other installations). The only recommendation I have is to find one that has variable speed dialing and as many current settings as possible, so you can set it better to achieve the best result no matter what you welding. I have been hiring gas in bottles but it is expensive. I spied in Repco the other day small bottles of welding gas in a throwaway bottle, might be worth looking at.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.