Best place to dyno map a HKS ECU

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pf85

RMS Regular
As the title says, where do you guys recon is the best place (NI if possible as I don't want to transport the car too far) to get a car tuned and mapped on a dyno?

It has a HKS FCon Pro Gold ECU which not many tuners can work with so I'd welcome your thoughts and also any experiences you've had with tuners

EP82JM

RMS Regular
As above ECC if you are feeling brave.

Or afaik Bradley has the software. I spoke to him this time last year when i thought about buying a hks fcon and hed just bought the software and was about to try it out. Whether hes bothered to keep it going or not im not sure.

I also think TDP do it as well and dublins not much of a trip now

pf85

RMS Regular
OP
pf85
From what I can tell ECC are now running under the trade name of AMS Performance UK

They are the only company to be listed as a HKS dealer in NI

EP82JM

RMS Regular
From what I can tell ECC are now running under the trade name of AMS Performance UK

They are the only company to be listed as a HKS dealer in NI

Id be at TDP before id even consider ECC. They are in dublin but have a fantastic rep...ECCs being somewhat questionable lol

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
True, TDP would be an option and handier than England.

Are ECC not trading under Xclusive Autosport or something now ? Whatever that change is all about...

pf85

RMS Regular
OP
pf85
Yes Xclusive Autosport seems to be the new name. Why would you not recommend them? It would be a big trek to haul the car to Dublin

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Friend takes his to Wicklow to get all his work done,bit of a trek but says he's the man to go to,I'll get you details if you want

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
I know Robbie at TDP, used to do bits with him years ago and I have to say, he has worked so so hard to get where has. Credit to him really.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
What fireworks did I miss :cool::p

Mapping over here is a complete pain in the penis. Take it to mainland and fit a proper system. In my experience. Avoid all the locals that do nothing but stab each other in the back.

Bradley is good but very busy

Last edited:

PhilM

RMS Regular
Never had any bother locally tbh

I only use @mi16chris but know Gavin @gsportcars and he is sound and similarly have chatted to m.white at oma ( I think stevieturbo does some tuning with him ) without hearing any of the above bad mouth each other or any tuner for that matter.

I'm guessing @Eager your referring to some bad personal experiences you've had in the past? No doubt tuning like every profession has its fair share of bin lids lol

Phil

chopaholic

RMS Regular
Drives
JZ S15 / X5
Had my Power FC mapped by Richard Bradley recently and really couldn't recommend him enough, 99% sure he can do the Fcon too but he is usually very busy.

Another shout is Gavin @gsportcars, always seemed very knowledgeable on all things ECU.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.