best polish for black car

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nordonian

RMS Regular
bought turtle wax magic colour with chipstick today for the sr, was happy with the results but just wonderd what the best stuff is for covering light scratches on black paintwork

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
you cant cover light scratches but you can polish them out, swirls etc on a black car is a nightmare - been there with the coupe. A good polish with something with a little cut in it once in a while helps. i used autoglym at first then stuff i stole from yaris_wrc at a car show!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
at the min im using auto glym super resin but once its done i mite move on to meguires

as venom says swirls are a bitch!!!!

ewok

RMS Regular
cant remember what it is called[i'll find out] the stuff wedding cars/hearses use is class for black cars

devil

RMS Regular
Drives
520d Touring
i've used zymol and its good for black cars. also heard that auto glym ultra deep shine is good for black and dark coloured cars if your not wanting to pay the sky high price for zymol.

GJD

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon
The new Autoglym polish is supposed to be the best!

Its the trade version of the Ultra deep shine that devil mentioned!!
Problem is you can only buy it in the 5lt trade size cans!!:worried:

Get a few peeps together and split the ££

bob

RMS Regular
metro1800 said:
Best stuff for removing swirl on a black car is 3M Hand Glaze

He speaks the truth (y)

I'm cleaning a badly swirled merc atm, i'll throw up some before and after pics once i give her a good dose of the hand glaze. Its powerful stuff!

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
devil said:
i've used zymol and its good for black cars. also heard that auto glym ultra deep shine is good for black and dark coloured cars if your not wanting to pay the sky high price for zymol.
yes the rediculously high price of £10 :confounded:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
just used the new ultra deep shine autoglym today and what a difference it has made to the other autoglym (red one) i used!

recommend it! :laughing:

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
go over t-Cut with what boydie recommends i also recommend this stuff so easy to work with and the finish is prefact ultra deep by autoglym an othere product to add to the pack i have :laughing:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
i used the meguires (spl) tech shampoo first which made another difference too! bit expensive but was a nice day and i was feeling generous!

Phil-Ray

RMS Regular
Drives
mk4 Fiesta
dont know about black cars, but I think turtle wax is a lot of bollocks, and the red Autoglym is too, both leave too much dust behind!

meguires is next on my hit list

slinky2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta ST
nivermind said:
dont know about black cars, but I think turtle wax is a lot of bollocks, and the red Autoglym is too, both leave too much dust behind!

meguires is next on my hit list

oops sorry that was me!

casper-ac

RMS Regular
yeah the new autoglym polish is supposed to be v good...i saw it demonstrated at the show too on a black BM and it looked really good

Phil_D

RMS Regular
Meguiars scratch X is great for removing light swirls in the paint work.....Used it on mine a number of times and it really works :grinning:

Ruth

RMS Regular
i have meguairs 3 step, its v good on a car that hasnt been looked after/polished for ages.. but wouldnt use it all the time

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.