Bilt hamber Clay bar kit £20

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.
Drives
Ford
Perfect a shine are doing a Bilt hamber 200gram clay bar with a litre of clay lube and a microfibre cloth for £20
Theres 2 to choose from regular clay and soft clay
i can also do the kit with sprayer,microfibre and clay for £15

DSCF0719.JPG

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
always wanted to know.... do you only use a clay bar once or is it re-usable?? prob a very stupic question but surely it will slowly fill up with impurities etc and damage paint???

OP
Perfect-A-Shine
Drives
Ford
you use it in bits until it starts to get dirty then use another bit and so on until the car is done
i only used a quarter of a bar on my mondeo

Boss Of Gloss

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra VXR
meguiars clay kit is good value... 2 claybars,big microfibre,quik detailer(lube) and meguiars wax for £25

OP
Perfect-A-Shine
Drives
Ford
but the mequiars is only a 100grams of clay not 200grams like the bilt hamber one plus my clay lube is made up of valetpro citrus bling which is a great lube plus its a litre not like the megs which is half a litre

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
The bilt claybar uses normal water as lube so what are you including?

j4m3s

RMS Regular
Drives
a backpack
i would be intereted but i dont understand the difference..........

Bilt hamber 200gram clay bar with a litre of clay lube and a microfibre cloth for £20

sprayer,microfibre and clay for £15

is the £15 option with out the lube, just the spray bottle?

düb

D
whats the difference between the soft and the regular clay?

just used the megs stuff on my car this afternoon, is it regular stuff?

OP
Perfect-A-Shine
Drives
Ford

Bilt hamber 200gram clay bar with a litre of clay lube and a microfibre cloth for £20

yes no lube spray bottle,clay and microfibre

OP
Perfect-A-Shine
Drives
Ford

the lube is worth a fiver m8 it can be used as a quick detailer too

PJS

RMS Regular
whats the difference between the soft and the regular clay?

just used the megs stuff on my car this afternoon, is it regular stuff?

Soft is as expected - easier to manipulate and knead in use, in the cooler weather.
Original is harder, and should be kept in warm water to soften, with 2 pieces interchanged as it becomes hard to mould.
Both formulations are intrinsically the same, save the tweak for the soft, which makes it just a bit less aggressive.
Still more aggressive than the Meg's, which is about the least aggressive one you can buy on the market, but in being so, means it can fail to extract all the bonded in contamination.
Marring wise, you can get some if you apply too much pressure or don't use enough lubrication, but this is easily remedied with IPA or a very light abrasive like SRP or Lime Prime.

I prefer the original, as the soft is quite tacky until you wet your hand and that side of the piece as well.

Whatever size you cut off (1/4-1/3), make sure when it's flattened out, it's at least 3mm thick - often times people use their clay too thinly spread out, and this can permit contamination to not migrate into the clay, but side proud of the surface, which results in scratches.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.