BMW F21 coding

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Some **** specced my car with automatic transmission but not cruise control because they are special I suppose…. So just bought some cruise control switches i can fit but would someone be able to code them in for me?

_James_

RMS Regular
OP
_James_
Drives
V50/M135i
Sure can.

Option code 544 needs add to the vehicle order then coded. I have the gear there to do it.

You legend! I should have the parts arriving later this week, do you mind if I drop you a message after that?

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
To save starting a new thread . What is the best way to get android auto on an early 2015 M4?

Get an MMI box from the likes of DroidUK or can get them from the likes of AliExpress and it will piggy back the current system.

Have fitted a few and all good reports.

@c_rad fitted one to his car last night.

c_rad

RMS Regular
Get an MMI box from the likes of DroidUK or can get them from the likes of AliExpress and it will piggy back the current system.

Have fitted a few and all good reports.

@c_rad fitted one to his car last night.

Yeah, great job. Enjoyed a podcast on the commute this morning, no more CoolFM dung clogging my ears anymore!

_James_

RMS Regular
OP
_James_
Drives
V50/M135i
Haven't had much luck getting my cruise control coded, so I refurbed an old laptop I had, bought the cable and created about 11million posts on various BMW forums to try and get Esys which I did today. Had a quick go at just getting Esys to talk to the car today which went well (although I accidently bucked by digital dash readout by factory coding the dash...oops!), so hopefully tomorrow, I'll have a go at coding the cruise control this time.

Once done, I will never touch Esys again as it scares me.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Used Esys for the first time this week myself to code in a replacement reversing camera module. It’s not the nicest software to use…

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Was contemplating getting a laptop to run ista but only have a chromebook and I'd probably fook something else up and cook the ecu so went safe and bought a launch computer myself as it keeps options open for other cars

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
And just like that I’ve got cruise control!

Not sure if I should tempt the gods and try to code back in the digital speedo or not, I think it’s best I just stop whilst I’m ahead!

Can you PM the versions of ESYS you have please?

My last one got shut down and has been a total cluster **** to set it up again so didn’t bother lol

Chris0

RMS Regular
Is there a way to do some coding to a F11 without paying 50-70 quid? Seen both bimmercode and Carly but it’s just a cheapie daily atm

Also is there somewhere you can find out exactly what coding can be done to your car?

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
I've bimmercode and done a good few bm's for mates

Kinda depends on your spec for some things but I've changed the following on my f11

HUD to display indicators
Alarm to beep on lock and unlock
Main screen startup logo to ///M
Mirrors auto fold when locking
Warning bong to rolls royce one

Could be more but that's off the top of my head and there are a decentamount of options. Nothing major but wee things that make me happy.

If your ever over Carryduff/Saintfield direction I could fire it in and see what's what.

Didn't you own a black sf foz?

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Also

You can check to see what's available for your model. Not all functions will be possible depending on vehicle specific

Chris0

RMS Regular
I've bimmercode and done a good few bm's for mates

Kinda depends on your spec for some things but I've changed the following on my f11

HUD to display indicators
Alarm to beep on lock and unlock
Main screen startup logo to ///M
Mirrors auto fold when locking
Warning bong to rolls royce one

Could be more but that's off the top of my head and there are a decentamount of options. Nothing major but wee things that make me happy.

If your ever over Carryduff/Saintfield direction I could fire it in and see what's what.

Didn't you own a black sf foz?
Yes mate that’s me, remember your white (SG5?) forester well

I’m not a million miles away from that area could give you a shout some weekend if that suits at all to have a look at it.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Yes mate that’s me, remember your white (SG5?) forester well

I’m not a million miles away from that area could give you a shout some weekend if that suits at all to have a look at it.
No worries. I'm about most weekends anyway I'll pm you my number here