BMW Service lights reset tool?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEBI:IT&viewitem=&item=140072736144&rd=1&rd=1

seen that while i was supposed to be revising and since it was gonna waste another 2mins of my revision time i thought i mite aswell buy it.

20quid so its not bad...heard people sayin bout all you do is earth number 7 pin, others said number 11 pin so since there was confusion i thought id rather not get it wrong.

Anyone ever got one of these or reckon it will or wont do the job?

Cheers, Pete

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Are they not £12 from Eurocarparts :confounded:

Gaz

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
ffs pabs!!

any other wee BM tools lyin about goin cheap?

so are we agreed that it should work ok?

Pete

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
ur some use :p

well u got any other useful bits before i waste more on ebay?

Pete

pablo

RMS Moderator
will make a list at some point. nothing mental things like rear braided brake lines,, caliper rebuild kits, momo steering wheel boss. crap like that.

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
how much for brake lines? y rear n not front outta interest?

Pete

pablo

RMS Moderator
i fitted the front never got round to rears.

£15? goodridge ones.

also have black diamond rear pads may be m3 only tho.

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
well aparently you can reset them by earthing one of the pins, where this tool plugs in, off an earthin point.

so im guessin on of the pins inside the block is an earth and this wee jobbie knows how to do it.

so u can do it without the tool but id rather not incase i pop somethin

Pete

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
also im assumin by the selector switch you would mayb have to earth different pins depending on what type of service it said was needed

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
i order it on tues at half 4 in the afternoon and it was on my door on wed mornin...i actually cant understand how but hey

just turned off the oil inspection one cos i changed the oil and filter bout 2wks ago...well impressed :laughing:

Pete

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
yes but order placed at half 4 and they were comin from england...if i put stuff in the postbox at half 4 it'll nt b at my door the next mornin...i think :confounded:

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Resetting the service light is very simple, why you would spend £20 I don't know!

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
cos if there's a possible way to do somethin wrong i WILL find it...20quid keeps me happy so its all gd

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.