bmw show afterthoughts....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

seamybaby55

RMS Regular
Drives
RX8 40TH Anniver
the ni bmw club had there show today in antrim at allen park.:grinning:

was a good display of bmw cars,with the turnout being dominated by e30 and e36 models.

a group of guys made the trip from the south for the day.

the weather didnt really play up until the prize giving at 4pm,where clive won 2 awards for his immaculate concours winning m5 (which should have got car of the show in my opinion) also he won an award for his e30 m3 vert,which attracted alot of attention....:cool:

also neil from rockvale graphics won an award for his e39 well done.:cool:

me i won nothing.:oops:

a great effort in such a short space of time guys,maybe next time make it a all german show? bmw,audi and vw..... would certainly fill the event no probs.(y)

seamy.;)

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Fairly quiet show but some nice BM examples about. Photos should be up tomorrow!

Andy

Jimbo

RMS Regular
Drives
c4 vtr+/mgzr/cor
there was a nice display of beemers indeed pity about the rain as after the prize giving allen park just enptied.

m3rick

RMS Regular
seamybaby55 said:
immaculate concours winning m5 (which should have got car of the show in my opinion)

Just as well you wern't a judge then eh seamy? or I wouldnt have a nice bit of silverware to polish;)

Funny, I dont remember seeing you anywhere near my car.....

All in all I thought it was a good show, considering it was organised at the last minuite. A big well done to all concerned. Good to see some un-biased judging!

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
One of my housemates was there, he enjoyed it anyway. He won something, but he still doesn't know what it was for. His was the Silver 318i E30 touring with the tint of doom and the 2mm springs. :grinning:

seamybaby55

RMS Regular
OP
seamybaby55
Drives
RX8 40TH Anniver
i didnt say you didnt deserve to win ricky,your m3 is immaculate.:p myself and clive did have a real good look around it,dunno where you where at the time ;)

keep it well polished for me for next year...;)

seamy.

m3rick said:
Just as well you wern't a judge then eh seamy? or I wouldnt have a nice bit of silverware to polish;)

Funny, I dont remember seeing you anywhere near my car.....

All in all I thought it was a good show, considering it was organised at the last minuite. A big well done to all concerned. Good to see some un-biased judging!

SteveyTurbo

RMS Regular
your car is certainly clean mate,apart from the headlights

clives motor is a BMW national concours winning M5 for the past two years and in my opinion should have won car of the show but thats life,sure i heard anyone who was anyone got a prize at it apart from seamy better luck next time chum

pablo

RMS Moderator
rickys M3 is ****ing immaculate tho - saw it the other night and was majorly impressed - see you got the strut brace on too mate :laughing:

Mark Ck

A big thank you from Mark & Maggie goes out to everyone who made a special effort to support NI-BMW at our first show.

The day dawned bright and early at Allen Park, with Phil arriving early to wake us all up. We had 83 cars in total and what a fantastic selection of models from right through the years. (Including a couple of wannabee’s who sneaked in with their Jap S**ap & Porsches) LOL.

Cars came from all over the North and South of Ireland with most of the southern guys staying over. The show was well supported by BM drivers from other clubs including BMW Car Club (GB) Ireland Section, Jon44, TeamLSM, Performance Car Club, RMS and many more. Thanks guys!

There were quite a few enthusiasts with well maintained and presented cars. All prizes were donated by EA Davies, Insurance Co, Hightown Road, Glengormley and our deepest thanks to Donald, Mark & Iain for their continued support.

Congratulations to all prize winners and to M3Rick and his immaculate M3 E36 which took the trophy for Best Car of the Show.

The weather played up a little but didn’t dampen the spirits in any way, especially not for the campers and the open air late bar!

We would also like to express our deepest sympathies to the family of the Rugby Club member who sadly passed away on Saturday night.

Performance BMW magazine, were surprised and delighted by the number and quality of the cars on display and selected two cars, E30 from Jonny Bravo and Richards silver E30 for special features in forthcoming editions. Congratulations lads, we’re looking forward to the pictures. The NI-BMW Show will be featured in the November issue of the magazine.

The show was also well supported by members of the public and the local press, so keep an eye on the Guardian and Times next week. With people hearing about the show whilst holidaying in Cyprus it just goes to prove that word spreads quickly in this part of the world!

Anyone who has organised a show in the past will know the workload that goes on behind the scenes with advertising, meeting sponsors and lots and lots of planning. Therefore, we would like to thank everyone at NI-BMW who helped make Saturday a great success and a day to remember.

Mark & Maggie

Ciaran

RMS Regular
Drives
i3 REX
Not a bad day out at all with some mint motors.

Next years will hopefully be equally as good if not better!

It was good to put a few faces to names too (y)

stuarti

RMS Regular
it would need to be better. I know plenty of local people who went down, saw the dissapointing turnout of cars and anything else of interest and went home again without even going in. Think people were expecting a lot more....

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
nice bm phil:cool: :p

Attachments

• phils.jpg
    phils.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 69
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.