Bodywork Scratches

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Luke MK2

Drives
Passat B6
I tried a turtle wax chip stick and it covered the scratches but made them more obvious! any suggestions of a cheapish way to get rid of stratches on the bodywork?

cheers.

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
sprayed?? thats a bit OTT for a few scratches. Assumming there minor then get the turtle wax out.

this stuff for the really faint scratches
rodi_1806_73539730

for more severe scratches try one of the off-shelf products in any car shop......paint restoration - rubbing compounds etc.

excursion

Drives
MR2 Rocket
yeah sprays can cost a bomb, T-Cut is easy to use and can remove minor scratchs.. if the scratchs go down to the metal forget it T-Cut will only fix minor scratches. works like waxing.

product-5339361.gif

Luke MK2

OP
Luke MK2
Drives
Passat B6
some are quite deep and some not so bad, ill try the turtle wax and see how it turns out

cheers.

Baz C

Banned
touch it up, leave to dry, flatten it with sum 1200/1500 wet and dry and buff it back with sum compound

vza

halfords make scratch/chip repair kits if theyre really bad,work really well,youll need to t-cut thjough to blend it in though

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
you could block them out with some wet and dry if you knew what you were at with the stuff, otherwise, i would get it pinted myself, like to keep things mint

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.