Bootbuild Progress

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
i honestly couldnt tell you - every weekend i was buying more material when i should have bought in bulk

when through loads of FG resin, about 4/5 sheets of matting, couple of tubs of p38 and p40, about 4 t-shirts ( free from work ;) ), wood etc...

i went in with a plan which got changed and kept getting changed lol but next time ill compensate!

thanks

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
latest progress:

since its a pissy day and i cant do to much with the car outside i decided to try make a mount for my ipod!

i have the white dock for it which i dont use so I have chopped up the centre console infront of the gear stick for the "cup holders" (crap anyway)

perfect fit so far so filling the sides with foam and cutting the shape out - dont know what to do tho about covering it tho :confounded:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Centre pod1.jpg
    Centre pod1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 313
  • Centre pod2.jpg
    Centre pod2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 293
  • centre pod 3.jpg
    centre pod 3.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 296
  • centre pod 4.jpg
    centre pod 4.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 291

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
blue peter badge for boydie:p next week we will have the guide to covering your centre console in sticky back plastic, and heres one we prepared earlier

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
ill see baron but at the min im sick of spending money on the car lol

i mite like to paint it tbh in the matching white or black!

ill keep it in mind tho mate thanks

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
cheers lad! still need to wire it up lol

not enough time on my hands!! :mad:

smyth_installs

top job on the boot install mate

u done a proper tidy job on that centre sub-mount lad, but have u checked to make sure its a decent size (volume) to giv u optimum sound from the sub??

no point havin it ALL SHOW, NO GO... iv done a few custom sub installs, but the box that they r in usually sucks the life out of it, giving u a ****e sound...

and im liking the lil iPod mount too... thats gona be well trick... just dont get carried away and try to make ur own bucket seats ffs lol..

best of luck with it anyways

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

any probs with the wiring, or getting the whole system running right, contact me thru the site and il advise ya the best i can, as im sure all the other sound fellas on here will do too...

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
thank lads

the only thing making me keep the car at the min is the sounds lol - get anothe ryear out of it!

as for the volume of the box - thats what im worried about lol - i made it as big as i could but im sure ill find out!

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Boydie said:
thank lads

the only thing making me keep the car at the min is the sounds lol - get anothe ryear out of it!

as for the volume of the box - thats what im worried about lol - i made it as big as i could but im sure ill find out!

Get some wading and pack it out!! Will sound fine!!

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
only noticed myself graham, dont come in here often enough :p

Looking well boydy lad, shed load of work put into that, nice one.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
trixtery said:
i had the exact same idea for the ipod boydie it is a waste of space 4 me also!!

dont do it yet!!!

i only found out, for some reason, the ipod will not work through the dock connected via the alpine adaptor! :mad:

dont know why this is - maybe a different pin configuration but i dont see why :confounded:

still a work in progress!!

thanks lads :laughing:

trixtery

Drives
Clio 1.2
I dont have a adaptor, my head unit has an aux input in the front so mines is just connected using a cable. I'll also hafta buy a car charger and adapt it to fit. It saves money aslong as it works lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.