British F1 G.P

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

McKay

RMS Regular
Looking for some help in getting accommodation from the 9th to the 11th of july not to far from silverstone. Getting prices of £300stg a night for the six of us thats staying which is crazy. Maybe some of you may know of some were thats a bit cheaper. Thanks Spud :grinning:

Ashton

RMS Regular
Drives
i went in 2000, stayed in London, hired a car....drove down in about 1hour30mins....(that was the year with the big traffic problems) so within 5miles from entrance we waited in a 6hour traffic queue :scream:

It should work out cheaper if u do that.

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
was there a load of years back, camping is the best option, although it' still pretty expensive, and you'l need to pre book.

however, it's constant BBq and booze.... brill craic!

we were there in 92 at the heart of the senna/mansell era, and the cap site was like two different tribes.... just brill!!

POD

RMS Regular
get up. walk to the living room. turn on itv. wait for coverage.

money saved, £400/£500

whats the point schumacher is probably gonna win. why waste the money?????

Ashton

RMS Regular
Drives
its an experience, a great one...if u had that opinion about everything u'd miss out on alot.

POD

RMS Regular
ashton i would pay through the roof to go back to the late 80's to see some the the best racing that there ever was in f1, but now. christ go to the super sunday series, at least u get a different winner

Ashton

RMS Regular
Drives
lol ok well from personal experience i had a great time at the grand prix...all the pre-race entertainment...all the cars on show....pit babes...then the feeling of being 2metres away from a f1 car passing you at full speed piercing your ear drums....it really is great :laughing:

Ashton

RMS Regular
Drives
22 cars and about 70 laps i think.
6minutes of a wait?? lol about 1min 30 aprx a lap.

chip

RMS Regular
Drives
Mustang Cobra
camping at the track sites is the best option. more crack plus a 6.30 alarm call of the engines being warmed up is one of the best sounds you'll ever here in your life.

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
true true.... ah, i was there in the last few years of ferrari running the 3.5 V12's.. jesus christ, simply amazing.

TV coverage numbs the whole thing, you need to go at least once in your life to see just how fast, and how quickly they change direction.. .simply awesome...

hehe, think i might be off to belgium this year!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.