Btcc 2012 All Chat Here...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Rain put a bit of a damper on the whole thing, MG was just nowhere to be seen. Have to say Neal did a great job securing second. And do not mind Sheddon taking the title at all.

Jason said they had not done any/enough wet testing in the MG, had no real wet set-up, but surely that is the same for all the others? Even the old Vauxhalls were running circles around the MG...

Ah well, next year :grinning: Not a bad result either way for MG, given it is a brand new car, and how unprepared they were at the start of the season.

dufunk

RMS Regular
Nice to see toyota get there 1st win since getting back, the avensis seems good car grippy in wet and quick allow gonna be really tough for anyone to get close to the honda's and two drivers on top of there game. O and always entertaining to watch F formula 1!!!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That Wrathall dude has been right up there all season in the Toyota, good going car that (y)

gerdy

RMS Regular
2 years in a row i have won now.. get in, you nearly had me Dan until that last round :grinning:

really glad to see shedden win the title, normally the rain makes for a more exciting race but every one had too much to loose in race 1 and 2 which made it a bit boring.

bring on 2013

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Finally !

British Touring Car racer Andy Neate has left the works MG squad, but will continue in the championship next season.
Neate joined the new Triple Eight-run MG team for 2012, his third year in the BTCC, as partner to Jason Plato.
But while Plato took six wins in the NGTC MG6 and finished third in the standings, Neate struggled to 16th.
He has now decided to leave the outfit. Although he has not yet confirmed his plans, Neate is expected to continue in the BTCC with another NGTC machine.
"I am no longer with the Triple Eight MG team and that's my decision," he said. "But I am 100 per cent committed to staying on the grid."

Good riddance to bad . . . . ! Now time for a top tin top racer for the 2nd MG !

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
In fairness I think Neat has played a lot of second fiddle to Jason, basically as a test driver for different set-up options, upgrades, etc.

But yes, get Turkington in there :cool:

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Sven . . .he was USELESS ! all the other drivers hated him cos
during the season he,d hit just about everyone . .he bought
that seat in the MG but had zero talent ! hopefully he,ll
not be on the grid next year . .id like to see James Thompson
in the MG . .

Shaun

RMS Regular
Yeah Thompson is another quality driver, one of my favourites. Hope he gets a drive somewhere for the full season.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Thompson has a seat in WTCC with Lada so hes out. i reckon if turkington comes back it will definatley be with WSR. Paul O neill i reckon could be in with a chance.

Shaun

RMS Regular
They have got some big money from somewhere to be building all these cars. Awesome to see some new cars though (y)

Also heard that Sam Tordoff will be driving alongside Plato next year:cool:

ADM tuning who had the golf last year are apparently changing to a NGTC spec car this year. Guy that owns the team posted on twitter the other day that he has had contact from a European racer wanting to drive again in the BTCC.
Rumours it could be Tommy Rustad who drove back in 98 or so.
Yvan Muller is also out of a drive in the WTCC after Chevrolet pulled out. Or Fab Giovanardi as he almost replaced Neal last year for a race.

Im excited for neat season already lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Unbelievable that people like Muller, Giovanardi, Turkington, etc., can have such a hard time finding drives :worried:

Great to see more cars on the grid though!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
BTCC seems to be in a good place right now! Was looking wobbly for a while, but definitely seems to be picking up. The NGTC recipe seems to be working. Keep costs down, and a reasonably level playing field for new entrants.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
wonder how much they'd sell me their 320si then :cool: forking love those S2000 models

Shaun

RMS Regular
Heard that Tom Onslow-Cole is going to be driving one of the new passats for Team Hard next year.

That means there will be a space at West Surrey Racing for Turkington to come back to the BTCC with them. He been driving in the WTCC for them the past couple of years so it could happen :p

Dan.86

RMS Regular
bad move for TOC if you ask me. new car, untested. could be like AMD all over again

Shaun

RMS Regular
Its not confirmed just yet that he is moving, it was written on Autosport website that he was then the bit about him moving was removed so could maybe be a mistake or that they released it too early.

Shaun

RMS Regular
Been confirmed today Onslow-Cole has signed a 3 year contract with Team Hard. Hope he does well.:p

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Me too, TOC is a great driver with bungs of talent. mind you, wish he had of joined Plato instead

gerdy

RMS Regular
Great move by dave newsham.. TeamEs isnt the place for a talent like him.
i would also love to see turks back at wsr in the 1series NGTC

Shaun

RMS Regular
Great move by dave newsham.. TeamEs isnt the place for a talent like him.
i would also love to see turks back at wsr in the 1series NGTC
Yeah, hes a decent driver just had a bit of bad luck at the wrong times.

I see Tony Gilham has also signed clio cup champion Jack Goff. 2 More drivers to be announced on 3rd January one of them apparently being an older driver returning to the BTCC.:p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.