Burger Run #2

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Yup, around the back of Slieve Donard Hotel, lots of spaces.

Communications are always a problem with these things.
EE11FE8A-439D-4210-8FDD-22F15A8EA25C.png

Jonny

RMS Regular
Just in and car washed. Cow**** problem had to be fixed .......

View attachment 253983

Hopefully everyone enjoyed it. Me and Eddie in the Megane had a great run home.

Great to meet Johnny in the lovely M3 and I hope he enjoyed the Co.Down roads

Great bunch of guys.

Cheers @Sonny

lovely to meet you too fella. Love the Lotus although I’m too unfit to get in and out of it easily lol
Great bunch of people. Great craic. These are gonna be epic going forward.

Sonny

RMS Photographer
OP
Sonny
We need road closures or volunteers at every junction to let everyone out together :laughing:

Raging the overflow was closed. Lost a few at that point.

Big thanks to @mike150 for leading that route, was great fun trying to keep up with the Lotus.

The destination of the next one will have to be somewhere with a decent car park. @Jonny suggested Daft Eddie's after a run around Ards Peninsula?

Zach57

RMS Regular
I had a fantastic day and it was great to meet a lot of you.
Sorry for for leading a group down the wrong road in Hillsborough :worried:
I’ll get my photos uploaded on here or the Burger run Facebook page.
Thanks for organising this Sonny

Last edited:

KevM

RMS Regular
Some great cars today, not many made it to Spelga though. I couldn’t get the Spark to operate at all or I’d have had a few pics from above!!

Was the red Integrale Evo part of the group or did he just join us by chance?

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Good days craic. Weather really made it too. Met @quattro Rick at Spelga, noise of that V10 leaving 😍 , hung around for a while and typically met most people heading to Spelga on the way back home!

I imagine once I left everyone else arrived 😒 Mustang is very nice 👍

We need road closures or volunteers at every junction to let everyone out together :laughing:

Raging the overflow was closed. Lost a few at that point.

Big thanks to @mike150 for leading that route, was great fun trying to keep up with the Lotus.

The destination of the next one will have to be somewhere with a decent car park. @Jonny suggested Daft Eddie's after a run around Ards Peninsula?

Yeah any of the bike runs I've been on have Marshalls helping keep everyone together, in terms of cars though it would probably be smart to break up into a few groups on busier parts to not annoy the whole country lol

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I went to spelga at 2.45 but was only Rick, rollo and another there, I thought everyone had been and gone but they said you hadn’t got there yet.
I was busted so needed to head on home. Get the pics up
I was “another” lol
So you all ended up at the hotel? 🤣 I got round the bend and couldn't see anyone so myself and @Blackie ended up down by the police station and assumed you all went to spelga so went via Bryansford ffs 🙈

Good run to Newcastle regardless and a beaut of a day! Some lovely weapons about, enjoyed looking at @Samy888s Evo behind 😁

The overflow car park would've been a good idea to enquire about opening as the car park was rammed!
It started to get very cold standing up there at the dam lol. Bloody toilets were locked too.

It was a shame that we all got split up, but I guess that’s what happens at these things. As @Sonny said you’d need marshals or road closures to keep a group that size together. Great turnout and some mental machinery there. Between @Tufty and @quattro Rick ‘s RS’s I was having multiple eargasms, made it hard to concentrate on the road lol

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Next time yous do a run, Do a definite meeting point along the route so it gives everyone a chance to catch up and regroup?
I thought there was a definite route? I hold my hands up for myself not putting it into my phone and sticking to it.

Samy888

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta 1.25 Ghia
What an awesome wee drive we had today. (Even if I did get sort of lost heading to spelga :laughing:) It was great meeting everyone too. Perfect way to end the weekend with cracking weather thrown in for good measure also.

FD3FDBFF-39D0-4555-A875-3DCEBB36D195.jpeg

980E7E8E-6F99-43DC-9B5E-013048FFF4A0.jpeg

4B8AE0C0-4AA0-454D-8BDC-6D06969A7D93.jpeg

422D3421-3A77-4B89-8FDB-C2CD4C526354.jpeg

F1571E66-A6B1-46D9-A862-3A3BFD7BDDDB.jpeg

70F7AC6E-C123-4D74-A4BD-D4FEAF65F594.jpeg

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
great day and good meet up at s’field ... but unfortunately it all broke up at Newcastle

I thought everyone would meet at the chip shop but not many showed. Would have been ideal place to catch up with everyone and re organise.

as @Gemma suggested as well.

good idea for people to wait at junctions so others know where to turn at junctions etc.

nice to see some nice motors making it. Enjoyed the wee spin behind the Porker

Thanks for organising @Sonny and @mike150