• Silver Hammerite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Hammerite

• Other?

• Total voters
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Couldnt be assed buying gold hammerite so I just used the black engine lacquer lying in my garage.. Spent the last hour doing the first one, had the Gunk and wire brush out, then pliers to straighten the splash guard behind the disk, and then painted her with a dose of black. Freshens it up and gets rid of a bit of rust if nothing else!

Must say Traynors came up tops - full ST170 brake setup including front hubs and calipers and hoses, and rear hubs calipers disks pads hoses hand brake cables (and half the back suspension!! handy tho cos I needed a bushin anywayz :p) came in at a grand total of £220 :laughing:

ordered pagid pads and OE disks for the front today so the whole conversion is costing 350 notes, not bad for 300mm disks up front and a beefy set at the rear to replace my manky old drums :laughing:

rsnutter

R
do them gold so they look like brand new callipers, silver looks good to for the same reasons. any other colour will look tacky

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Did one with black engine lacquer and it didnt look right, so doing them with a mixture of gold/silver hammerite, looks 10 times better :grinning:

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
well u know maxy lad i aim to please :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.