Can you convert a handbrake to electronic

bill

Banned
Can you convert a manual handbrake to a electronic handbrake retro fit one.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Sure, but it would be a total pain in the ass and fairly expensive (new calipers etc)

Then you’d need to fill the hole in the centre console etc

bill

Banned
OP
bill
Long story short Charles hurst using this as an excuse for car delay to sons Girlfriends car delay
Will need to post in different forum i think to talk about this.

Last edited:

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Your fine here mate but your post was misleading as in **** he’s Gona start chopping his car up to fit a button. Ofcourse it can be done, as with most things but it’s not just an overnight thing especially a dealer doing it they have so many rules and regulations to follow it would scare you.

bill

Banned
OP
bill
Just didnt want to do a long post when it wasnt the right forum got told of last week for wrong post.
They said the car arrived with a manual handbrake a pug 108 they had to send it back to the mainland to fit a electronic brake i have told her to reject the deal its a new car.

The problems a retro fit would cause also plus the warranty will only be a year.

Have they used this as an excuse because Citroen are doing free insurance on there citroen c1 near same car and she could scrap deal and go there.

Last edited:

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Your posts are so confusing.

Can you lay them out better or something so hard to read

I'd be very surprised If a dealer is fitting an electric handbrake to a car with a standard one? Never heard of it but could be wrong

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I'd be amazed if an electric handbrake is even possible to retro fit. Never mind the hardware side of it such as the electric operated calipers or puller for drums, it's the wiring and software to integrate it properly into the abs and esp systems. Honestly I'd be telling them you want a manual handbrake or no deal. The electric systems can be troublesome and are a pain if you want to tow it or move it without starting the engine.

KevM

RMS Regular
McElmeels can do it no bother, as a mobility adaption. Is it a wee motability car?

A P108 never came with an electronic handbrake, so Im confused :p

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
If it's a brand new car and did not come as ordered....do not accept it. Even more so a modified one, which could open up a can of worms with regards insurance etc.