Canal Blue Uk Tommi Makinen Detailed

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jethro

RMS Regular
Just thought I'd share this one before I take a break for the winter and do a few jobs to my own cars.

I had this Tommi Makinen Evo up last weekend to be detailed before it goes off the road for the winter and lives in its Carcoon.

The car is also up for sale at the minute.

The car had a few very bad surface scratches on the bonnet and the usual swirls all over the rest of the car. The rims had to be removed to bring them back to life again and the brake calipers were pretty dirty with baked on brake dust

I never took any before pics of the whole car as it was drizzling rain.

First up I removed the rims and cleaned the wheel arches, then cleaned the Brembo brake calipers with Fallout remover and Smartwheels.
The rims had tar deposits on them and a high level of baked in brake dust. Fallout remover was applied, allowed to work and hosed off.

18" Compomotive rims. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :heart:

PIC_0004.jpg

Cleaning the brake dustoff the Brembo's

PIC_0007.jpg

Arches cleaned with G101 and powerhosed off.

PIC_0011.jpg

IronX applied to the rims

PIC_0014.jpg

After a few minutes it looks like this

PIC_0015.jpg

PIC_0016.jpg

And will eventually look like this after its hosed off and de-tarred, then polished and waxed.

PIC_0017.jpg

Car was first washed with AutoBrite cherry snowfoam in the foam lance on a Karcher pressure washer, Megs Hyperwash and 2 bucket method with lambswool mitts.
Arches were sprayed with G101 and hosed off with dirt blaster nozzle.
Door shuts de-greased with Tardis and G101, all trim lines, window rubbers, petrol cap, all panel gaps, bumper edges etc were all sprayed and brushed to remove any ingrained dirt,then all hosed off, washed again and dried
De-tarred with Tardis
Fallout remover applied, sprayed on then brushed and hosed off then eventually clayed with Bilt Hamber clay
After the preparation the car was taped up, washer jets removed.

Bonnet swirls

PA210220.jpg

Drivers side rear panel

PA210225.jpg

Rear spoiler

PA210230.jpg

Bootlid.

PA210234.jpg

Swirls on roof

PA210235.jpg

PA210236.jpg

PA210237.jpg

For paint correction I used Menzerna Power finish on a light compounding pad and follow up with Menzerna Final finish on a soft finishing pad.

Makita polisher for paint correction
Kestrel DAS polisher for finishing,then applying glaze and sealant
Menzerna Power Finish (PO203S)
Menzerna Final Finish (PO85RD)
Orange Britemax ProFinish pad for correction
Black Britemax ProFinish pad for refining.

I wasn't able to fully remove the scratches on the bonnet, but they're now well improved and hard to spot.

50/50 pics on drivers side rear door

PA210239.jpg

PA210241.jpg

PA210246.jpg

Blue Hexlogic pad used to apply the Chemical Guys EZ creme glaze
Black Hexlogic pad to apply Poorboys EX-P sealant.
Valentines Road N' track wax applied and buffed off.
Blitz NurSpec exhaust back box and tip polished with Autosol.
Trim Wizard applied to tyres and plastics, allowed to dry into tyres and lightly buffed off the following day
Windows polished.

Finished off garage pics,

PA220251.jpg

PA220254.jpg

PA220270.jpg

Finished pics.

PA250285.jpg

PA250287.jpg

PA250290.jpg

PA250304.jpg

PA250313.jpg

PA250322.jpg

PA250323.jpg

PA250326.jpg

PA250330.jpg

PA250331.jpg

Rfg

RMS Regular
very nice indeedie. I have a client looking something like this can you PM me some details and a price so I can show him. tut tut using Iron-x should have given me a bell for some Iron Cleanse...... need to get you a few things to try out.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Yum, I would give my right arm to own one of these , such a stunning car!!

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
I would be looking 8400 for the car as it is.its 2001 an one the last made...dont mind if it sells....would part exchange either way for the right car..

Engine spec

Evo 8 mr engine

Autronics ecu with switchable antilag(y)

Hks evc 5 boost controller

Hks rs suction pipe

Sard fuel pressure regulator

Walbro fuel pump

Blitz nur spec r 3 inch exhaust from turbo back

Turbosmart dumpvalve

Mapped by AI Autosport producing 382 bhp an 352 torque

Rfg

RMS Regular
cheers will pass on the details and if hes interested i will give u a shout stunning motor!

Jethro

RMS Regular
OP
Jethro
Thanks for the comments lads.

@ Ronnie, Im just using up what I have here, then I'll be down to see you and try out your new products. I was past your house on Monday about 4, I should have called in but it was in the middle of the deluge.

@Tony (evo98) If you sell your Tommi before I sell mine I'll be looking a pint or 2.;)

@ the tooth, I thought you had disappeared ?:laughing:

Rfg

RMS Regular
should have was in the middle of a big 5 series You could have done a wheel arch lol!! and the kettle is always on flip me does everyone know where I live lol!

Jethro

RMS Regular
OP
Jethro
should have was in the middle of a big 5 series You could have done a wheel arch lol!! and the kettle is always on flip me does everyone know where I live lol!

I had thought about stopping as the road was like a river and your house is the only high ground around.:laughing:

You should have just took the 5 series down the road to the nearest flood and cleaned the wheel arches there, it saves hosing down the driveway afterwards.

Rfg

RMS Regular
tell me about it was out in it all day and as soon as I pulled her in the sun came out lol!! Next time ur past call in and have a brew.

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Geoffs work is first class boys well worth the money considering the products he uses an the man hours that went into it..

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
i dont no what i want..would love a road legal bike powerd machine of some sort...Got a ctr now for mucking about in....Open to all types of part exchanges these are great car for holding there money compared to most other evos...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.