car cb radio

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

StuartyB

was just checking on ebay there for a cb radio there are so many things to chose from its unbelievable so i dont know what is need for here what channels operate here and most of the cb units dont come with the wipe ariels so where do you get thoses from cheers

stuarty

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
i paid £50 for the set, mic, mag mount and coil spring ariel :laughing: off a chap on RMS a while back

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
Stuarty all you need is what Graham has....set - can be picked up as little as £20, usually get a mic with the set. Mag mount ariel and away you go.
I've never bothered with going mobile but tinkered with these things throughout the years - good crack!

Look for a second hand set, theres many decent sets out there. Best thing to do is someone you already know who has a cb and talk to the users on all the channels and find out whos selling what. Peeps always selling sets n chit.

vza

OP
vza
yea,i had a look on ebay,but i hadnt a clue what to try for,some sets looking like theyre going for less than a tenner,how much is a mag mount aerial?and how much?

vza

OP
vza
thats the filmthat sparked,was chattin to a mate and he said it could be a laugh so were lookin into gettin some kit

vza

OP
vza
yep :grinning: ah twas funny,although jackie chan in gumball rally 2 was good "smokeys on our tail" or something like that

vza

OP
vza
must get the old comp fixed so i can keep up with this stuff,lol

£40 eh?ill get back to you at the end of the week about it

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.