Car covers

Joe 90

RMS Regular
Do yous keep car covers on your classic cars. I put one of these on but at the minute it has condensation under the cover. It's inside in a good shed. It keeps it clean and ready for a show and less likely a child would rub their hand up it but if I'm doing more harm than good I'll take it off. Has anyone had covers on long term for good or bad results or no difference. Maybe it should be off it during winter to let the condensation dry.
Cosmos - Indoor Car Cover compatible with main Compact Saloon models, Elastic, Breathable and Dustproof Fabric, Soft Lining, Snug Fit, Red https://amzn.eu/d/cRDOtVv

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Do yous keep car covers on your classic cars. I put one of these on but at the minute it has condensation under the cover. It's inside in a good shed. It keeps it clean and ready for a show and less likely a child would rub their hand up it but if I'm doing more harm than good I'll take it off. Has anyone had covers on long term for good or bad results or no difference. Maybe it should be off it during winter to let the condensation dry.
Cosmos - Indoor Car Cover compatible with main Compact Saloon models, Elastic, Breathable and Dustproof Fabric, Soft Lining, Snug Fit, Red https://amzn.eu/d/cRDOtVv

I use those covers over the Summer but in Autumn time take the covers off and leave them until Spring. They can get moisture underneath them. Have a Cair'o'port for the M5 which I'll use over winter. It keeps the dust off and blows air under and around it. Bloody massive though takes up loads of space (like myself)!

Joe 90

RMS Regular
OP
J
Your right, I just pulled it off and the car is wet. Rather than protecting her I was making it worse.

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
A good car cover should be breathable if it is for inside duties. I have a super soft stretch indoor one from Classic Additions and never have any condensation/moisture under the cover.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Definitely better with it off this time of year, if it’s not in a heated garage or carcoon type cover. Next best thing is have the car sheltered from the elements but with the air and wind still circulating around it.

Joe 90

RMS Regular
OP
J
Snap, I find the classic editions indoor stretch cover very good!
These ones.

RCT

RMS Regular
One thing I’ve noticed of late is that if you run a dehumidifier in a garage there seems to be very little to no dust settles on cars. That’s in a fairly airtight garage. I normally don’t cover cars anymore. Your probably going to wash the car before a show anyway, so a little dust is fine.